At Tripadvisor, we believe there’s good out there. We understand that travel brings out the best in us, while lifting deserving businesses and strengthening the communities we meet along the way. We know that as the world’s largest travel site, we’re here to inspire and empower people to explore our world with confidence — and share their trip experiences with others. And every day, we see our ideas come to life in work that enables travelers to discover all the good the world has to offer. As part of the Tripadvisor team, you’ll have the opportunity to do the same.
The Senior Workday Business Systems Analyst will report to the Financial Systems Manager and will be part of a group that supports many of the financial systems of Tripadvisor. The primary responsibility of this resource will be to provide customer support for Workday Finance for various Finance and Accounting departments, which are spread all over the globe. Customer support primarily entails troubleshooting systems issues and performing ongoing system configuration. The resource will also be expected to lead and deliver discrete projects. This entails working with end users to gather business requirements and assisting in development of a formal project request and project plan. Some projects will involve managing resources from Tripadvisor departments and/or outside consultants.
- Resolve all issues within Workday Finance affecting operations for Tripadvisor Finance & Accounting Departments
- Open, manage, and communicate updates on support tickets with Workday Support if required
- Manage and participate in the configuration and deployment of new modules / functionality in Workday
- Track issues and risks, communicate status and escalate concerns to management
- Create and maintain custom reporting in the system
- Participate in initiatives that integrate Workday with other systems
- Evaluate, communicate and coordinate the technical impacts of Workday configuration decisions
- Educate users on the use and features of Workday
- Identify opportunities to alter business processes to better dovetail with Workday’s strengths
- Help shape the roadmap for financial systems at Tripadvisor
- B.A. / B.S. required.
- 3+ years relevant experience supporting financial systems. Experience with Workday Finance required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication capabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Deep understanding of accounting terms, policies and practices
- Superior detail orientation, organization, and analytical skills
- Outstanding Excel skills
- Thrive on simultaneously managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, growing environment with minimal supervision
- Previous experience would be a plus: Blackline, Oracle, Hyperion, Jira
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business