TripAdvisor is the world's largest online travel site, visited by 400+ million travelers each month. The Senior Director, Merchandising and Curation will lead a team focused on getting travelers excited about all of the incredible things they can do on their trip, ultimately driving significant conversion and revenue impact for the business. This role will lead the merchandising, curation, editorial content and inventory teams for the TripAdvisor Experiences business. You will drive solving a merchandising puzzle on a global scale and have the analytical and creative chops to drive destination and product specific strategy and execution.
To lead a team responsible for merchandising products across TripAdvisor, you’ll need to be exceptionally versatile -- strategic enough to help establish our overall destination merchandising strategy and processes, analytical enough to synthesize data into actionable customer insights, and empathetic enough to get into the heads of our consumers and relentlessly improve their discovery experience.
You will have a keen understanding of how to maximize customer engagement and ultimately conversion through seasonal trends, past customer insights, sales forecasting, predictive analytics and customer traffic pattern pathing and optimizations.
Working closely with our Product team, you will be charged with having a view of the end to end customer experience across all shopping pages, and will be constantly analyzing and enhancing page performance by adjusting the levers at hand (example: content campaigns, promotions, editorial, collections, trend forecasting, and category assortment optimizations to name a few).
What you’ll do:
- Own and set strategic direction for destination merchandising across TripAdvisor
- Develop TripAdvisor’s editorial point of view and create storytelling to engage travelers
- Collaborate across teams to further creative direction
- Lead the editorial team in developing content that inspires and creates a seamless shopping experience
- Lead the inventory team to curate and catalogue the right product collections
- Partner with the product & design teams to merchandise the site with the goal to drive engagement and conversion
- Lead the development of assortment architecture, merchandise mix, and forecasting to maximize sales
- Ensure optimal consumer experience through site testing and monitoring site performance
- Build seasonal proposals for paid marketing exposure across key categories and products
- Collaborate with taxonomy on category clean up, and develop appropriate categories that support themes/campaigns
- Utilize web analytics to analyze merchandise metrics/trends and drive improvements in category/product merchandising, cross-selling, on-site search, and category merchandising
- Perform analysis, provide site reporting, and provide summaries and recommendations to optimize visitor conversion and RPV
- Participate in identifying website enhancements based on current trends/competitors Assist in defining requirements
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 10+ years in merchandising, curation, or ecommerce
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate cross functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in merchandising for a mid-to-large size e-commerce retailer or B2C company with a history of making data driven decisions
- Proven track record of managing a team for results
- Extensive experience with iterative A/B merchandising testing
- Ability to clearly articulate and present merchandising strategy and results to small and large groups across the organization
- Previous experience working in a technology organization
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA Preferred