At Tripadvisor, we believe there’s good out there. We understand that travel brings out the best in us, while lifting deserving businesses and strengthening the communities we meet along the way. We know that as the world’s largest travel site, we’re here to inspire and empower people to explore our world with confidence — and share their trip experiences with others. And every day, we see our ideas come to life in work that enables travelers to discover all the good the world has to offer. As part of the Tripadvisor team, you’ll have the opportunity to do the same.
The Senior Director, Merchandising and Curation will lead a team focused on getting travelers excited about all of the incredible things they can do on their trip, ultimately driving significant conversion and revenue impact for the business. This role reports into the GM of eCommerce at Tripadvisor.
This individual will help define Tripadvisor’s eCommerce merchandising strategy and author cross platform offerings that inspire travelers and make it easier for them to find what they’re looking for. You will work with our product, marketing and creative teams on the merchandising, curation, and packaging of inventory and help shape destination discovery for consumer experience at Tripadvisor. This is a merchandising puzzle on a global scale that requires both analytical and creative chops.
To lead a team responsible for merchandising products across Tripadvisor, you’ll need to be exceptionally versatile -- strategic enough to help establish our overall destination merchandising strategy and processes, analytical enough to synthesize data into actionable customer insights, and empathetic enough to get into the heads of our consumers and relentlessly improve their discovery experience.
You will have a keen understanding of how to maximize customer engagement and ultimately conversion through seasonal trends, past customer insights, sales forecasting, and predictive analytics. We seek a broader understanding of customer behavior and trends outside of Tripadvisor, customer traffic pattern pathing and optimizations.
Working closely with our Product, eCommerce and Marketing teams, you will be charged with constantly analyzing and enhancing page performance by adjusting the levers at hand (example: content campaigns, promotions, editorial, collections, trend forecasting, and category assortment optimizations).
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for merchandising and eCommerce engagement across Tripadvisor
- Work in partnership with business, product and marketing stakeholders to align business goals and eCommerce efforts
- Lead the development of assortment architecture, merchandise mix, and forecasting to maximize sales
- Work with supply partners and BD teams to ensure we have the right mix of inventory available
- Ensure optimal consumer experience through site testing and monitoring site performance
- Build seasonal proposals for paid marketing exposure across key categories and products
- Collaborate with taxonomy on category clean up, and develop appropriate categories that support themes/campaigns
- Serve as senior stakeholder with product, data science and machine learning teams to inform content and merchandising curation
- Analyze merchandise metrics/trends and drive improvements in category/product merchandising, cross-selling, on-site search, and category merchandising
- Identify website enhancements based on current trends/competitors
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 10+ years in merchandising, curation, or eCommerce
- Experience working in merchandising for a mid-to-large size eCommerce retailer or B2C company with a history of making data driven decisions
- Proven track record of managing a team for results
- Extensive experience with iterative A/B merchandising testing
- Ability to clearly articulate and present merchandising strategy and results to small and large groups across the organization
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate cross functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA Preferred