TripAdvisor is looking for a PR Coordinator for its Communications team in Asia Pacific. This is a one-year contract position that reports to a Senior Manager, who leads a team servicing the region, based in the Singapore office.
This is an important support role to the Singapore-based team, which currently services multiple markets across Asia Pacific, including Southeast Asia and Taiwan. The role also includes some coordination duties, which involves other markets with in-market teams, such as China, Japan, India and Australia.
We are looking for someone energetic, curious and interested to learn the foundations of communications. The individual should also be meticulous and process driven, keeping the team on track with reporting, and be eager to contribute to brainstorms and wider strategic discussions.
- Adapt/develop written content for external communication
- Adapt global media releases and draft local releases and pitches
- Media relations / influencer management
- Distribute and pitch media releases and feature ideas by phone or email to journalists
- Foster positive relationships with key media to ensure TripAdvisor is top-of-mind
- Manage press office functions for selected markets in the region
- Manage influencer relationships, where necessary
- Global/regional team coordination
- Work with the global PR team to review internal awards lists for Asia Pacific markets
- Manage media image bank for global, regional and local campaigns for Asia Pacific markets
- Manage approvals process for market releases
- Manage and escalate customer queries that come through the press office alias to the Asia Pacific Customer Service team
- Provide on-going support for global campaigns
- Data mining / surveys
- Implement and manage ad-hoc surveys with the TripAdvisor community
- Extrapolate key user trends from TripAdvisor’s internal platform to create compelling stories or supporting data points for media stories
- Community relations management
- Community management of the TripAdvisor Singapore Facebook and Instagram pages
- Manage swag distribution for members, where needed.
- Compile daily media monitoring reports
- Compile monthly reports for selected countries.
- Compile monthly reports for HQ
- Contribute to team brainstorms
- 1-2 years’ experience in a communications-related role
- Self-starting independent worker
- Positive attitude