TripAdvisor is a leader in the online travel market, offering consumers high-quality, unbiased content plus booking opportunities via our partner booking engines. As a company, we are a group of passionate professionals with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise.
About the job:
TripAdvisor is looking for a smart and experienced e-commerce professional to help lead the business development efforts for the Flights and Car Rentals team in the Americas. The role will be responsible for managing a diverse set of partner relationships to ensure industry leading supply and for growing partner related revenue on the transport business. The Senior Business Development Manager will develop and prioritize key partner related initiatives and have responsibility for delivering on new and existing partner placements. The successful candidate must be driven, creative, and resourceful and enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The position requires a broad mix of business, technical and communication skills including the ability to manage multifunctional relationships and complex projects in a fast-changing environment.
Responsible for managing the partner campaigns for the company's flight search product and other air related businesses. Serving as the primary contact for partner integrations and working closely with the other regional managers and directors on the Flights/Cars business on key distribution and connectivity related initiatives. Defining partner related product requirements for the Flights business and works closely with the Product, Engineering, Marketing and CRM teams.
The role will cultivate and maintain key relationships across a wide variety of external partners. Managing the business implementation and ongoing management of partner merchandising placements as well as facilitating billing and support assistance on our Flights meta and merchandising products.
Monitors overall partner performance and provides direction on regional initiatives. Revenue manages partner placements through a firm understanding of CPC, CPA, conversion and other performance metrics critical to the Flights business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds/maintains campaigns using assets (deeplinks, tracking, logos etc…) sourced from partners
- Ensures campaigns are delivering to performance criteria and resolves technical issues related to the campaign
- Global lead for identifying areas for process and productivity improvements, make recommendations, define scope, and work with the relevant teams to improve efficiencies
- Responsible for partner placement performance and optimization for the region
- Oversees airline and OTA core metrics and utilizes industry expertise to provide recommendations to improve revenue streams based on each unique market needs
- Creates and helps execute on a partner revenue strategy that is localized by region and country
- Identifies opportunity areas to grow Flights revenue
- Develops key partner related projects for the Flights business
- Responsible for online partner merchandising and marketing initiatives
- Coordinates with the other directors on the product, functionality and needs of Air partners
- Liaises with other business units within TripAdvisor
- Extensive e-commerce, partner management and online travel experience
- Advanced knowledge of airline/car rental industry and understanding of the online travel space
- Strong negotiating and business development skills
- Solid analytical background with an understanding of reporting and tracking tools
- Knowledge of online merchandising and advertising
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree preferred