Who are we:
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by over 450 million travellers each month, and our business – TripAdvisor Experiences – is one of the fastest growing part of the organization. Experiences are a significant revenue generator and key growth area not just for TripAdvisor, but for the travel industry on the whole.
Our job is to ensure that we fulfil this demand and, ultimately, help travellers all over the world take amazing holidays, whether they’re booking a tour guide in Sydney, a cooking class in Costa Rica, or a skip the line ticket to visit the Colosseum.
What You'll Do:
Simply put, you’ll join a fast paced commercial finance division and specialise in assisting with identifying and resolving inbound cash reconciliation issues. The Experiences division of TripAdvisor acts as a platform for travellers to connect with suppliers and purchase their perfect trip whilst abroad. We collect over USD$1.3bn a year in inbound cash payments across multiple currencies. The inbound reconciliations are automated but where reconciling items occur it’s necessary to investigate and identify the source of the issue which is a key element of this role.
Responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Working through and investigating the identified cash reconciliation items, identified by our reconciliation system, you’ll be responsible for categorising and identifying themes associated to these items by investigating individual bookings in our systems and/or dealing with the external credit card processing company.
- Assisting the accounting teams to investigate residual items in the GL cash clearing accounts and develop a timely process by which to resolve these.
- With help from other finance team members you’ll be responsible for producing a weekly report on investigated bookings and the root cause analysis.
- Provide recommendations in terms of proposed accounting treatment required to resolve the cash reconciliation items.
- Working closely with the financial systems team, you’ll have weekly meetings to discuss the status of cash investigations, trends identified and defining possible product solutions to mitigate the issue reoccurring.
- Assisting the US based Accounts Receivable teams on the B2B side of the business to assist with the timely and correct allocation of inbound cash from customers. This is a growing division in the business and as our worldwide customer base expands we need to offer coverage to our customers on a global basis
Your background and attributes for the role:
- You’ll have some knowledge of accounting – possibly studying towards AAT but not essential. Having worked in a finance function previously (AP/AR/general accounting) you’ll be looking for the next step in a commercial organisation where you can develop the existing processes and tasks to ‘make them your own’.
- You’ll have a natural interest in solving problems and be able to approach tasks in a logical manner as well as being able to be proactive and use your own initiative.
- A flexible team player - you’ll enjoy working with other people – especially colleagues within the finance and wider customer service teams.