Software Engineer - PHP / NodeJS @ TheFork
LaFourchette, part of the TripAdvisor group, is a pure player company and the European leader of online booking for restaurants. We are an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people dine out! LaFourchette’s goal is to become the #1 app for online restaurant booking in the world.
Why join us?
You are passionate about technology and comfortable in an international and agile environment? You're ready for the challenge of a SaaS service for several thousand customers and B2C interfaces for millions of users? Are you ready to invest in a company whose entire service is subject to heavy use and is present in close to 20 countries, to accompany its rapid growth?
You will join a dynamic and agile team in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees, cares about their career and values sharing.
You’ll join a team composed of 3 back-end + 2 full stack developers. We operate as a Scrum Team with a Scrum-master and a Product Owner.
The team is responsible for 2 main domains:
- Offers (discounts, preset-menus): a benefit we offer to our customers
- Availabilities: we make restaurants bookable on all our platforms (TheFork, Restaurant websites, Google, Booking.com, TripAdvisor...)
To do this, we have to ensure our projects are performant and scalable (30M calls per day). We are obsessed with monitoring (Kibana, Grafana, NewRelic, Performance tests). Quick reactivity & adaptation is for us a key to success.
The stack is currently self-hosted, but soon will be orchestrated with Kubernetes and propulsed on AWS, beginning of next year. If you’re into DevOps, you could help us with the transition and help us upgrade the stack!
We also still carry some legacy that we are transforming, we want to do better!
The team values autonomy & accountability, challenging with care, try-fail-learn approach.
The Nantes office is located on the island (2 Bis Quai François Mitterrand) and about 45 people come to the office everyday.
At TheFork, we love food but not only. You’ll have free coffee & beer to keep you up and running (especially with coffee :)) and you can blow off steam playing ping-pong or foosball.
We’re looking for a full stack engineer to help us transition to a new scalable and modern stack. Here’s what a routine day looks like for our team members:
- Stand-up meeting at 9:40AM
- Implementation / testing / challenging / pair-programming / releases
- Monitoring, debugging, investigation, seeking help from OPs teams for infrastructure-related issues
- Collaboration with people from different locations (Lisbon, Torino, Buenos Aires, Sidney and Paris) and from different scopes (architecture, OPs, product, account managers, support)
You might also have to do:
- Resolve technical challenges from designing (architecture), analysing (report + presentation) to planning, implementing, testing, releasing and monitoring
- Preparing next demo for our stakeholders
- Creating Jira issues for problems you encounter on a day-to-day basis to perfect products / tools / workflows because you are committed and care for our business
- You’re experienced with NodeJS and/or PHP (3-5 years)
- You have knowledge in databases, monitoring and look for performant code
- You are comfortable with all kinds of tests (unit, functional, end-to-end)
- You are accountable for your mistakes and always seek for improvement
- You are curious and will ask us tons of questions
- You like thinking out of the box and bring creative ideas and solutions
- You accept feedback and give feedback to your peers to improve ourselves altogether
- You’re familiar with english written and oral communication
If you’re interested in the project and think you’ll fit well in our team, please send us your resume now and let’s meet quickly!