TripAdvisor’s growing Research team seeks an experienced researcher to lead projects that directly impact the company’s Core Experience product initiatives - bringing the voice of the user into product development through rigorous research.
The Associate Director is responsible for leading the research function for product initiatives within the Core Experience business unit - as both a manager of researchers, and a senior individual contributor. The Associate Director will serve as an advocate for the user, representing TripAdvisor users’ attitudes, opinions, and behaviors, as a key member of a cross-functional product development team working to deliver a world class holistic TripAdvisor site experience.
The position requires 10+ years of applied qualitative and quantitative research experience, and a proven ability to lead a team of researchers.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Defining research strategy, growing the research function and mentoring researchers on the team, partnering with other research leaders, as well as conducting impactful research to inform roadmaps and improve the user experience.
The right candidate will be: considered an expert in the field of UX, with extensive experience in both qualitative methods (e.g. in-depth interviewing and usability testing) and quantitative methods (e.g. surveys).
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Define research strategy and manage projects across a variety of methodologies
- Manage a team of researchers
- Identify and optimize key opportunities to develop user insights and influence customer behavior to drive towards TripAdvisor’s goals
- Design and conduct qualitative studies (usability studies, click-tests etc.), analyze data, and share findings
- Create and field surveys, analyze responses, and report findings
- Manage ongoing research initiatives including projects with external research vendors
- Communicate research findings internally in clear and compelling ways
- Work cross-functionally with design, marketing, and product management leadership
- Hiring requirements:
- Minimum BA/BS degree in psychology, communication, statistics or other related field
- Advanced degree in HCI or other behavioral or social sciences a plus
- 10+ years of professional research experience
- Extensive experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to present clear results
- Ability to ask, and answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Clear communicator