The Core Experience Business unit is focused on the traveler’s experience and journey. We leverage our extensive travel community, data at scale, and ML/personalization to help people have amazing and safe trips as they travel the world..

We are looking for a Technical Manager for the Global Platform team within the Core Experience Business unit. This team provides a platform on which we can grow our global presence and connect with travellers across the world. This will require hands on leadership, hiring, training, and supervision of a strong technical team as they execute on various initiatives for our business.

Goals of this team

• Leveraging the scale of TripAdvisor and its’ data to innovate and capture emerging market share.
  • Optimizing the website for specific markets to account for varying language and cultural differences.
  • Build out our platform of globalization and localization functionality to enable other teams to be more impactful across global markets.
  • Building out and incubating new product ideas which we hope to grow out into profitable product lines.

What you will do

• Manage a strong team of full stack engineers building a React web app, native iOS app with Swift, and a native Android with Kotlin, all powered by GraphQL.
  • Roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty with a portion of your time spent on coding projects
  • Oversee the operational aspects of our globalization platform built on java microservices, kubernetes, and postgres.
  • Engage with other engineers, product managers, designers, marketing, etc. to set the direction of the technology and product for your team
  • Recruit, interview, on-board, and mentor engineers so we can scale to meet the increasing demands of the business.
  • Be creative and pragmatic when solving problems
  • Move quickly! We have a daily release so your team needs to be efficient and adaptable.

What you will bring to the team

• 6 or more years of experience as a professional engineer
  • Experience leading and/or managing a team
  • Prior Globalization, Localization, or software platform work a plus, but not required as long as you have an interest and willingness to learn!
  • An open mind
  • The desire to move quickly

#LI-DP1

Apply for this Job

* Required

Demographics

Individuals seeking employment at TripAdvisor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law. TripAdvisor is committed to creating an inclusive culture. If you choose to share this information, it will allow us to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and to monitor the diversity of our applicant pool for all roles and levels.

Please consider answering the following voluntary questions. Completion is entirely voluntary. Should you choose to answer any of the questions, your answers will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter, and any information you do provide will be stored confidentially and securely and only used for the above purposes.

My gender at birth was

My gender identity is

My sexual orientation is

I identify as

My military status is