The Core Experience Business unit is focused on the traveler’s experience and journey. We leverage our extensive travel community, data at scale, and ML/personalization to help people have amazing and safe trips as they travel the world..
We are looking for a Technical Manager for the Global Platform team within the Core Experience Business unit. This team provides a platform on which we can grow our global presence and connect with travellers across the world. This will require hands on leadership, hiring, training, and supervision of a strong technical team as they execute on various initiatives for our business.
Goals of this team
- Leveraging the scale of TripAdvisor and its’ data to innovate and capture emerging market share.
- Optimizing the website for specific markets to account for varying language and cultural differences.
- Build out our platform of globalization and localization functionality to enable other teams to be more impactful across global markets.
- Building out and incubating new product ideas which we hope to grow out into profitable product lines.
What you will do
- Manage a strong team of full stack engineers building a React web app, native iOS app with Swift, and a native Android with Kotlin, all powered by GraphQL.
- Roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty with a portion of your time spent on coding projects
- Oversee the operational aspects of our globalization platform built on java microservices, kubernetes, and postgres.
- Engage with other engineers, product managers, designers, marketing, etc. to set the direction of the technology and product for your team
- Recruit, interview, on-board, and mentor engineers so we can scale to meet the increasing demands of the business.
- Be creative and pragmatic when solving problems
- Move quickly! We have a daily release so your team needs to be efficient and adaptable.
What you will bring to the team
- 6 or more years of experience as a professional engineer
- Experience leading and/or managing a team
- Prior Globalization, Localization, or software platform work a plus, but not required as long as you have an interest and willingness to learn!
- An open mind
- The desire to move quickly