This is an excellent opportunity for a self-driven, analytical and detailed individual to be part of the online display advertising team at TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site that enables travelers to plan and book the perfect trip. In this role, you get to work with a variety of brands and see how they leverage our platform and solutions to market their products and services, and you get to immerse yourself in the dynamic online display advertising space that offers constant learning opportunities.
Please note that this is not a marketing or media planning or campaign optimization role. Programmatic bidding or optimization of campaigns to meet campaign objectives is not part of the job scope. This role is focused on advertising creative implementation, conversion and research tracking implementation and requires that you are process and detailed-oriented, and analytical with excellent troubleshooting skills.
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a highly flexible and dynamic self-starter as well as excellent problem solver who is constantly eager to improve processes, embrace additional workload, new responsibilities and techniques, and manage high work volumes from India and various APAC markets. If you have an innate ability to consistently deliver outstanding work quality and service, if you desire to be a super star contributor to an open, collaborative and positive team environment, and if you are not afraid of hard work, tight timelines, and a demanding online advertising sales environment, we would like to chat with you.
What You’ll Do:
As an Ad Operations Specialist (internally called as Ad Trafficker), you are a consultant to various internal and external stakeholders for all advertising formats’ specifications, guidelines, and turnaround times on TripAdvisor as well as on our programmatic channels, and you are the go-to-person for conversion and research tracking implementations, and ad verification. You play a crucial role to TripAdvisor’s bottom line by providing high quality service and work output, and ensuring operational excellence and maximum stakeholder satisfaction. We rely on your initiative, creativity and analytical skills to generate new learnings and best practices from your day to day operations to propel the team and business forward.
Reporting to the Ad Operations Manager, the Ad Operations Specialist is responsible for the following critical tasks:
- Deliver high quality service and solutions to TripAdvisor’s internal and external customers e.g. sales, planners, marketing solutions, advertisers, agencies.
- Take a deliberate and proactive role in learning and self-development, addressing business challenges and efficiency gaps, and creating and sharing best practices that will propel our team forward.
- Receive and review online advertising materials from clients and ensure that they adhere to advertising specifications and guidelines.
- Set up online advertising campaigns across TripAdvisor network as well as on our programmatic channels. This includes creative set up, testing and troubleshooting.
- Perform QA on dynamic, rich media, and new ad formats.
- Be a consultant to clients for conversion tracking implementation. Generate conversion tags and guide clients with implementation on their website.
- Capture advertisements after they launch and provide screenshots of advertisements to clients.
- Generate weekly reports and work with various stakeholders to ensure campaigns launch on time and revenue is maximized.
- Troubleshoot and analyze third party discrepancies.
- Monitor ad verification reports from clients, troubleshoot and manage ad verification questions
- Display excellent project management skills for all activities, ensuring all internal and external stakeholders are well informed throughout the entire process (by phone or email).
- Be the go-to person internally and externally for any creative specs, guidelines and tracking related questions.
- Actively volunteer for additional work and support global projects.
What We Need From You:
- Excellent written and verbal English language skill; Mandarin language skill is advantageous
- Degree with minimum 2+ years of Digital Ad Operations experience with either publisher or media agency preferred.
- DFP or Ad Manager 360, and DBM or Display & Video 360 working experience highly beneficial.
- Project management and analysis experience in a data driven and demanding environment beneficial.
- SQL, Tableau, reporting and workflow automation techniques and working knowledge or an interest in these areas beneficial.
- Detailed-oriented, accurate and well-organized.
- High flexibility and tolerance for ambiguity and last minute client requests.
- Biased for action and eager to demonstrate superb ability to manage stress and high work volume.
- Self-driven, energetic, strong desire to learn and share knowledge.
- Awesome analytical skills and problem solver.
- Passionate and quick to embrace additional workload, new responsibilities, techniques, tools, technologies and automation methods.
- Must enjoy analytical, data-driven, and process oriented work.
- Open and collaborative approach.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to manage and exceed expectations internally and externally.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Comfortable with a rapidly changing, fast paced and demanding online advertising sales environment.
- Driver of operational efficiency and excellence.
- Strong Team Player.
Please include a cover letter describing within 1,500 words why you would be great for the role.