Part of TripAdvisor since 2014, TheFork is the leading restaurant booking platform in Europe and South America, providing an online and mobile service to internet users to find, select and book the best restaurants for every moment, at the best price.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners via TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor. Users can easily select a restaurant according to their own criteria (such as the localization, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult their reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online. For restaurants, TheFork provides a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservation management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues, following Yield Management principles of price variability relative to time, a practice used successfully in the travel and hotel industries.TheFork, headquartered in Paris with over 1000 employees, is operating in 17 countries under the brands LaFourchette, TheFork, & ElTenedor,
To strengthen our position in Portugal, we are looking for an experienced Sales Manager for our Sales team.
You will report to the Country Manager and will manage 11 direct reports.
The Sales Manager has a centric role and will work very closely with the teams of Account Managers, Trainers and Marketing. He/She represents his/her country and liaise regularly with his/her peers across the globe.
Position based in our Lisbon office.
What you will do
- Working closely with the Country Manager you will prepare a Sales Plan and set the objectives for Portugal.
- You will analyse the market and chart trends.
- You are part of the management team of TheFork Portugal and you will think strategically on how to improve the organization.
-Together with the B2B marketer you will prepare a communication plan for potential customers.
- You will ensure that your team achieves targets on the number of new partners, the offer of discounts on TheFork, participants in festival and other events, software usage, and participation in our loyalty program.
- You ensure that your team has the right tools to be successful.
- You will coach the sales team in telephone and on-site Sales conversations across the country.
- You share your own sales experience, coach your team and strive for sustainable sales results. In addition, you are the source of information for your team, you know everything about the sales process, from connecting, processing in the database, training to transfer to the Account Manager.
- You organize weekly Sales meetings and discuss the goals and results
- You will conduct regular 1 on 1 interviews and mid-term and annual evaluations with your team.
- You are responsible for the complete Sales process.
- You will work on improving and streamlining the sales processes
- You will work intensively with Salesforce and you report results to the management
- You have experience working with a CRM system and you like to delve into the Sales Funnel, study and create Dashboards and Reports and take your team into the visualisations of this data.
- Through your involvement in the Sales process, you get to know the Portuguese restaurant market particularly well, and you chart trends. You use your knowledge of Sales, the market and TheFork to work with the B2B marketer to draw up the right communication to potential customers and thus generate leads for the Sales Team.
Who you are
- Proven successful Sales track record
- Solid experience in Sales with at least 3-5 years of large teams management
- Strong analytical skills, good knowledge of Excel and a numerical insight
- You naturally have to have excellent communication skills and you will build a strong connection between the Sales Teams, TheFork and the Portuguese restaurateurs.
- Result-oriented and driven
- Inquisitive and initiating
- Creative in coming up with solutions
- Ideally, you have experience and at least a strong affinity with the hospitality industry
- Knowledge of Salesforce is an advantage
- Strategic insight
What we offer
- Medical Insurance.
- Swiss Life - Life and Total Disability.
- Optum - Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Wellness/Fitness and Reimbursement Program.
- Personal Retirement Savings.
- Meal Vouchers.