Product Associate, Core Experience
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest information platform for travel. More than 400 million travelers around the globe come to our site and apps each month to discover and book the best things to do, places to eat, and accommodations. The Core Experience team is looking for a highly motivated Product Associate to join in our mission to create deep engagement with travelers as they plan their trip. If you are ready to bring your ‘A’ game every day, read on and let’s connect.
Ideal candidates for this role will have a passion for travel, a desire to identify, measure, and solve user pain points with creative solutions, and an unrelenting enthusiasm for implementing user-focused features that drive customer loyalty and bottom line growth. You should feel right at home working independently as well as working closely with product managers, developers, designers, researchers, and stakeholders to bring ideas to life. You will be an innovator who understands how to drive concepts from requirements to implementation to measurement and rollout.
The Product Associate will be located in our Needham, MA office. As a part of the team, you’ll be surrounded by talented, passionate, and fun folks who are all eagerly working together to create a delightful and assistive experience for all types of travelers.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as both product and project manager defining product specifications, establishing milestones, and managing the development, implementation, and evolution of features.
- Validate concepts and mockups through a variety of user research methods and manage the iteration of features through the research, design, and testing process.
- Work with a cross-functional team and stakeholders throughout the organization to get buy-in, gather requirements, and communicate product roadmap.
- Craft feature specifications detailing the user problem, requirements, success metrics, risks and mitigation plan, and live site test plan.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to increasingly complex user, technical, and business problems.
- Ensure quality assurance testing is performed prior to the launch of new features; use QA to catch critical issues and identify opportunities to improve the UX.
- Assist in managing prioritization of enhancements and bug fixes.
- Monitor key metrics and A/B tests to support continual optimization of the product.
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree; additional school or work experience in a consumer or user experience-oriented environment is preferred but not required.
- Interest in a product management career; product experience not required.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to execute on ideas and resolve issues.
- Flexible and open to change; ready to adapt working style and methods to new information.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills. Process-driven and detail-oriented.
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development and seeks feedback. Can acknowledge mistakes when relevant, learn from those mistakes and move forward productively.
- Self-motivated worker with entrepreneurial passion. Proven creative problem-solving and innovative mindset.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- Goal orientation and demonstrated record of success in previous endeavors; motivated to deliver exceptional results, driven by a strong work ethic.
- A/B testing experience preferred, but not required.