Bilingual Customer Support Specialist
- Deal directly with members and business owners via email, phone, and chat
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Handle and resolve customer complaints within a 1-2 business day turnaround
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- Keep accurate records of customer inquiries, interactions, and details of actions taken
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Track and report on appropriate metrics
- Troubleshoot technical problems and escalate bug reports to management
- Highly Fluent in spoken and written English. Fluency in spoken and written Spanish also required, additional proficiency in Portuguese highly regarded.
- Passion for solving Customer Issues
- Ability to handle confidential information and adhere to established protocols
- Strong time management/prioritization skills and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent editorial judgment and command of the English & Spanish language
- Ability to work independently, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
- Ability to type 50-60 words a minute.
- Personal experience with the TripAdvisor site, including the submission of reviews and participation in Forums
- Hands-on experience with user-generated content (either personally or professionally)
- University degree (communications or hospitality fields a plus!)
Experience with relevant applications, including but not limited to:
- Web-based content management systems
- CRM/Customer Support Tools (Zendesk, Salesforce.com, RightNow, NetSuite, etc.)
- Word Processing/Spreadsheet Applications (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Social Media Applications (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.