Data Asset Product Manager @ TheFork
LaFourchette, part of the TripAdvisor group, is a pure player company and the European leader of online booking for restaurants. We are an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people dine out! LaFourchette’s goal is to become the #1 app for online restaurant booking in the world.
Why join us?
You are passionate about data and comfortable in an international and agile environment? You're ready for the challenge of a SaaS service for several thousand customers and B2C interfaces for millions of users? Are you ready to invest in a company whose entire service is subject to heavy use and is present in close to 20 countries, to accompany its rapid growth? You want to secure services that power the leader of online restaurant booking?
You will join a dynamic and agile team in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees, cares about their career and values sharing. Job description As a Data Asset Product Manager, you will help LaFourchette developing its data asset and being able to activate it through insights, BI solutions and data services.
You will report to the Chief Data Officer and be part of a team of ~20 people, regrouping (as projected as of Today):
- “Data Asset” departments, including Data Engineering team and Data Management team
- “Data activation” departments, including Data Insights team, Product Analytics Team, a BI factory and a Data Science team
Your role will be to:
- Be the Owner of the Data Platform Vision (you will ensure that Vision fits and stays aligned with the company strategy and associated data strategy)
- Vision execution: Ensure that the Data Platform roadmap allows achievement of the Vision with the right pace and alignment with Business priorities. For this, you will lead reflexions regarding strategic or structuring moves for the platform ; you will work closely with the Data Engineering team and the Data Platform Product Owner on the roadmap definition and you will ensure that this roadmap is executed as expected.
- Ensure the development of strong data management activities (data modelling, data cartography, data quality management, master data management, etc) in order to help TheFork manage data as an asset. It includes roles, processes and associated organisation, relying on a dedicated team (to be setup). The objective of these activities is to significantly increase the level of comfort of TheFork teams regarding the perceived quality of the data provided by the data platform. To support these activities, you will setup and coordinate data governance activities across LaFourchette organization (including both Business and IT structures, with roles, processes and governance bodies to be designed and animated)
- Work closely with Business Teams and the rest of the Data Team to identify and develop strategies to develop the company data asset (data capture and enrichment plan, industrialization of metrics and KPIs,…)
You will also handle some transverse projects related to TheFork Data Transformation.
In the short term, you will especially orchestrate a complex transformation of the Data Asset which will require strong coordination between several efforts :
- Transition from the current data platform infrastructure to a new version (DWH technology switch, ingestion paradigm transformation, exposition layer enrichment, etc)
- Management of multiple migration flows from a legacy BI infrastructure to the Data Platform
- Setup of data management fundations (data model setup, data mapping,…)
Your role will be a strategic piece of the Data Team organisation as it will be the cornerstone between the platform and the different usages.
Who you are ?
• Your background gives you the relevant knowledge to apprehend the different components of a data transformation (technical aspects, data management and governance issues, use cases,…)
• You develop a strong ownership and leadership on the topics you are in charge of
• You have the ability to drive change across an organization (influence, communication,…)
• You are familiar with agile methodologies and able to support their deployment • You are able to setup and drive complex projects (transverse, mixing both technical, change management, organizational and process changes,…)
• You are with cloud-based platforms. AWS is a plus.
• You speak English and French
What do we offer?
Being part of hyper growth digital player, headquartered in Paris, with strong international presence and with a winning company culture - balance long-term perspective with accountability, leverage learning & innovation, increase internal cohesion, build a caring environment