Accounting Manager, Accounts Receivable
TripAdvisor.com is the largest travel community in the world and a leader in the growing online travel market, offering consumer’s high-quality, unbiased content plus booking opportunities via our partner booking engines. If you're interested in joining a group of extraordinary people at one of the world’s fastest growing travel media web sites, join TripAdvisor. At TripAdvisor, we combine a unique mix of creativity, analytics, and a casual environment to get innovative new products and services to market faster, and we need the best and the brightest contributors to help move that forward.
We’re a passionate, fun, and analytical team with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise.
- We are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager that can demonstrate results based operational experience in the B2B Accounts receivable space.
- The right candidate will have a high attention to detail and be able to move at speed within a fast moving business unit that cover our Experiences and Rentals businesses. This role has a wide variety of stakeholders including Business Development teams as well as, being facing towards our Business customers.
- The role is Boston based with 2 direct reports within a wider finance team of 15 and will report directly to the Head of Accounting for Experiences and Rentals.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of developing direct reports in a growing environment. As well as, strong analytical and reporting skills for key KPIs.
- This position will have full ownership for billings, collections and KPI reporting for the B2B revenue streams within the Rentals and Experiences business unit. This includes $72M -100M of annual billings across all countries internationally working with many blue chip customers.
- We are currently looking for candidates who are at the manager level with strong focus on operational excellence, innovation and delivering measurable results in collections and free cash flow.
- Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 5+ years of professional experience with some knowledge of financial reporting and internal controls in the revenue to cash space.
- Many of our candidates for this position will also have held similar positions in larger public companies.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams to accomplish unusually complex challenges will be expected as this is an ongoing requirement for this position
- Degree level education.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Qualified Accountant.
- Familiarity with GAAP.
- Strong experience in Local Tax compliance ( Billings)
- Operational accounting experience with one or more Fortune 500 companies
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting and finance operations challenges
- Aptitude for leading teams; influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Solid organizational skills along with an aptitude for information technology
- Excellent analytical skills