Customer Service Advisor (Rentals)
Customer Service Agent - TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site*, is on a mission to enable travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 600 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide – covering approximately 7.5 million accommodations, airlines, attractions, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. Millions of travelers come to TripAdvisor each day to plan and book the perfect trip and holiday rental properties provide space, privacy, amenities like home and great value.
What you’ll do:
As a Customer Service Agent for TripAdvisor Rentals you will undertake a variety of duties from troubleshooting technical Issues to investigating In depth, complex cases where your mediation and negotiation skills will be called upon. You may be managing one of our social media platforms, providing guidance to a colleague or working with one of our internal departments to resolve a customer issue. The role is all encompassing as a brand ambassador to deliver a low effort experience for our customers and reports into one of our multilingual Customer Service Team Leads.
Key responsibilities include:
- Handle English and German Inbound/outbound calls/emails or chats while consistently meeting and maintaining operational performance metrics.
- You’ll be required to take full ownership in resolving your customer queries providing professional, high quality support while adhering to Internal processes.
- Complaint handling: putting the customer first while protecting the Integrity of the brand.
- Use processes and creativity to solve problems and will escalate only when all other options have been exhausted.
- Provide clear and concise case documentation in comprehensive English.
- Adherence to schedule set by Workforce planning team.
- Use multiple Internal systems and applications efficiently with an ability to multitask.
- Participate in user or product testing and focus groups advocating for the brand to Improve our product and processes.
- Performing other duties as assigned within the skill set required for the role.
The ideal person for this role will be:
- Positive, friendly and have a can-do attitude towards staff and customers.
- Receptive to constructive feedback and changes within the business.
- Able to work with minimal direction and support while demonstrating initiative and proactivity.
- Confident and competent in handling complaints and mediation.
- Able to think logically whilst also being able to creatively provide solutions to issues.
- Have 1 – 2 years of experience within a customer call centre environment.
- Experience within the travel, tourism, leisure and hospitality industries would be an advantage but is not essential if you have a passion for customer care.
- Experience of working to customer satisfaction based targets and operational metrics such as quality and handle time.
- Fluency in written and spoken English & German language is essential. (C1 level).
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, Identifying next steps and executing on them diligently.
- Computer literate with the ability to quickly learn bespoke systems, keeping up to date with workflow changes and Internal trainings.
- Ability to work shift patterns, including some weekends. Typical hours of operation can be from 8am - 8pm but vary in departments.