TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
The Bokun team is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate Senior Director of Engineering to drive acquisition and onboarding of new SaaS customers in the travel experiences space by balancing back-end connectivity technology with a robust and innovative front-end feature set for suppliers. The Senior Director of Engineering is comfortable juggling and prioritizing competing needs while creating order out of chaos by leveraging and enforcing a data- and feedback-driven culture.
The role will be a champion of achieving outcomes in a transparent, collaborative way - someone who navigates cross-functional complexity and truly believes we can achieve more together than we ever could alone. The ability to move quickly -- literally as a start-up within a larger organization -- while also coordinating with TripAdvisor Experiences engineering is an absolute must.
In the Experiences business unit, you will have the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas at TripAdvisor, where you will have a lot of ownership and will be contributing directly to Bokun’s and TripAdvisor’s growth and success.
What You Will Do
- Make a sizable impact on onboarding new customers by leading front- and back-end teams in technical development and launch of new features and scalable systems.
- Manage, grow, and develop a team of Engineering Leads
- Understand TripAdvisor’s Experiences evolving strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
What You Will Bring to the Team
- Ideally 15+ years experience with 5+ years of experience managing multiple software engineering teams (manager of managers)
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams
- Collaborative style and experience working with product, UX and Product Managers on complex roadmaps
- Track record of delivering on strategic & technical goals, including driving technical strategy via a strong technical leadership team
- Proven ability to manage to a budget and deliver on platform efficiency
- Identifying and closing engineering & product development gaps
- Building a high performance engineering culture including hiring top technical talent
- Defining and measuring KPIs
- Technical literacy with enterprise software tools