The Advertising Solutions, Senior Project Manager reports to the Head of Advertising Solutions, Americas. As The Senior Advertising Solutions Project Manager you will lead the overall direction, implementation, execution, management and completion of multiple, simultaneous projects that span across several custom advertising products and technology areas. You will hone your professional management skills by mentoring a growing team of product managers, ensuring quality and consistency across TripAdvisor company goals, client commitments and campaign objectives.
You will be able to demonstrate superior communication and leadership skills to establish a common understanding, agreement and adherence of project timelines, milestones, and expectations on delivery across internal and external stakeholders.
What You Will Do:
As a senior member of the team, you will lead overarching tactical thinking in the development and definition of project scope, goals and deliverables for custom advertising campaigns to support the Americas sales team. You will work with other project managers to ensure site infrastructure standards and campaign strategies are aligned and meet client KPIs, goals and objectives.
You are the subject matter expert on the technical and implementation requirements of all custom advertising products (specific focus on solutions that leverage core site code and/or live natively within TripAdvisor environments).
You will working alongside product and engineering to build, execute, and bring custom concepts to market. This individual will also be responsible for analyzing/optimizing performance, evaluating results, and recommending appropriate enhancements.
You will also be expected to help lead and seamlessly manage input from other internal departments such as: Display Sales, Ad Operations, Strategic Research & Insights, Advertising Product Development, Engineering, Design, other B2B product teams and Consumer Experience.
As our technical and operational expert, you will interface with cross-functional teams, serving as a day-today group project manager, writing and overseeing the development of detailed product specifications, establishing milestones, and managing the development, QA, implementation and campaign launches against goals.
You will exercise your analytical thinking expertise and ability to analyze large data sets to deliver clear, actionable insights for campaign and/or product optimization. You will measure ongoing campaign performance and identifying key levers for improvement - including hands on design and analysis of relevant reports.
You will effectively manage resources, schedule, and quality of deliverables through the full project life cycle (discovery, analysis, design, development, test, implementation, reporting and optimization). You will also define and develop custom product and implementation documentation that will outline the technical processes for internal stakeholders.
In summary, you are the ultimate multi-tasker, you operate and execute under accelerated timeframes providing technical and operational leadership across a variety of custom advertising products, ensuring that all projects are effectively and efficiently executed and delivered successfully against client expectations and delivered on-time, on-scope, and error-free.
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- Cross-Functional Knowledge: Deep understanding of TripAdvisor brand and advertising products across all platforms (desktop, mobile, tablet) as well as its owned brands.
- Ability to understand the big picture – company goals and team goals – while operating at a very detailed level assessing project issues and identifying solutions to meet productivity, quality and campaign goals
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Collaborative internal relationships: Builds trusting and respect by working closely and mentoring other project managers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of scoped objectives.
- Ensures implementation, delivery and development timelines are met while responding appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of partners/colleagues.
- Strong client relationships: Act as a client-facing program manager on large, complex implementation projects to ensure a smooth transition and knowledge transfer from sales to implementation teams.
- Excellent organizational skills: Ability to balance multiple objectives, projects and goals simultaneously and “on the fly”
- Problem Solving/diplomacy: Provide clear, consultative direction and feedback, employ good judgement and work in partnership with clients and/or internal stakeholders to resolve any potential conflicts or concerns during project execution.
- Desire for efficiencies: Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the partner needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great custom sponsorship experiences for users.
- Delegation skills- Ensure the training and mentoring of junior PM staff on all aspects of project initiation, planning, implementation, execution, and reporting for optimal work load balancing.
- Must possess a BS/BA degree with a minimum of 7-9 years of internet business experience
- Advertising/Media agency experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge of online media, marketing and advertising required
- Some cross-functional experience, including interacting directly with design, product and engineering teams
- Must possess strong leadership, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Good business judgment, as well as emotional and professional maturity required
- A proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget and on or beyond scope; communicating scope creep
- Experience dealing with the technical implementation and management of online marketing campaigns
- Strong knowledge and usage of CMS Tool
- In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Ability to both work independently but contribute in a collaborative environment
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.