Group Product Manager, Restaurants B2C
The Restaurants Business Unit is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million total monthly active users using TripAdvisor, we help travellers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners. As a Group Product Manager on the Restaurants B2C team, you will work with the team’s engineers, UX Designers, user researcher, and fellow product managers to drive meaningful business results. In addition, you will lead the B2C Restaurants Product Group managing a small team of product managers. You will be responsible for the restaurants B2C P&L and will largely drive the product roadmap in conjunction with the restaurants executive team.
We iterate and deploy code fast. Our mission is to become the most trusted source for helping travelers find memorable food experiences.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for travel and restaurants, fluency with complex data, experience optimizing various online user journeys and the ability to create simple and usable user experiences that provide measurable results. Candidates will also understand appreciate the latest in mobile app design and development. Candidates should also have experience with the power of machine learning and have experience using Big Data to enhance user experiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with squad product leadership to define new product development initiatives utilizing user and competitive research, business case development, scoping, and all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Live in the data. Define and analyze metrics and tests that inform the success of products.
- Work with cross-functional teams to define product specifications, establish milestones, coordinate roadmaps and understand dependencies.
- Talk to potential diners often and seek to understand what motivates, frustrates and keeps them happy. Integrate usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction working alongside our user research team.
- Have an eye for good UX, working with a talented team of designers.
- Represent the restaurants users and team in cross-functional meetings within TripAdvisor product organization.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
What We Seek:
- 7+ years work experience with at least 5 years in a product management capacity with an emphasis on eCommerce and native app products including the design of the product through information architecture, wireframes and mock-ups
- 2+ years successfully managing and mentoring product managers as direct reports.
- Able to interpret P&L trends, diagnose problems, and formulate action plans to support revenue creation. Familiarity and willingness to learn SQL will be a plus.
- Someone technical enough to understand the basics of how developing product in an internet company works.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Creativity and curiosity. A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business, product and consumers.
- Project management skills. Someone with responsibility to ensure that projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner. Experience with agile methodologies highly preferred. Experience with project tracking and collaboration software will be a plus (e.g. JIRA).
- Must be great leader. Be a strong advocate for and leader of the larger B2C product team.
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus