Location: London, Oxford
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a start-up, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We take pride in our Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and are looking for a world class candidate to add to our high-performing Experiences & Rentals team. As the newest addition, you will help take our SEM efforts for the Experiences & Vacation Rentals segments to the next level. These represent some of the fastest growing travel segments, and they are a focal point of TripAdvisor’s future growth.
The strategic importance of SEM for TripAdvisor requires an equally skilful set of expert analysts to drive analytical decision-making, and execute on key projects.
The ideal candidate for this role is accustomed to a fast-paced e-commerce environment, has worked in an engineering and data driven SEM set-up. The Senior SEM Analyst will be expected to work closely with Engineering, Revenue Management, Analytics and the other traffic channels, driving SEM projects forward.
- Take ownership of a complex SEM project(s) and proactively drive it forward, often across multiple business units.
- Identify and prioritise opportunities to improve the performance of SEM.
- Collaborate with dedicated resources from engineering, analytics and revenue management to leverage a huge data reservoir and turn it into growth initiatives.
- Collaborate tirelessly with stakeholders outside of SEM, developing strategies for how SEM can help drive broader company goals.
- Set the standard with world class data driven decision making and technical knowledge.
- Use your expertise to help continually improve TripAdvisor SEM, ensuring we remain market leading whatever the climate.
- 3+ years of experience in a fast paced, data driven SEM environment.
- The ability to immediately enhance a high performance SEM team.
- Relentless attention and focus on the detail.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo.
- The ability to clearly articulate complex challenges and solutions.
- Exceptional problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills with practical experience.
- Results orientated with a "hands on" attitude and proven ability to execute.
- Communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
- A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your sleeves attitude that’s not afraid to work independently when required.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that looks at ambiguity as an opportunity rather than an issue and can build something from nothing through well-reasoned and analytical decision-making, strong prioritisation and grit.
- A multi-device mindset.
- Advanced Excel skills, SQL experience also a plus.