The Japan Lead, Hotel Solutions will lead a high performing team of Sales Executives and Customer Success Executives in a fast paced environment that is focused on new business, customer life cycle optimization, expanding existing wallet share and customer retention. This is a role that requires a diverse set of skills and experiences and is ultimately responsible for driving revenue and property growth in the Japan Market. This role will be based in our Tokyo, Japan office.
He/she will execute flawlessly and exceed on their revenue targets and KPIs. The position will influence the successful growth of our transactional business, extending to recruiting, training, coaching, motivating, regional strategy, forecasting, and pipeline management among others.
This team focuses on new business opportunities and the retention of independent, medium to large hotel groups & boutique hotels throughout Japan. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, results-driven and a programmatic manager that will coach and motivate the team to exceed their targets.
He/she will possess analytical skills that aid in the diagnosis of problem management, personnel development and be driven to perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly performance. He/she will be able to interpret daily performance and identify trends for the future. He/she will be able to identify individual team members’ gaps and strengths and synthesize these to partner with Sales Enablement to develop curriculum for improvement. He/she will translate employee and hotelier feedback related to product to share with internal teams to drive roadmap and bug fixes.
- Exceed Revenue targets and related KPIs on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Define and execute territory sales plans for assigned geographic territory – Japan to achieve or exceed revenue targets
- Employee engagement covering all aspects of the employee’s lifecycle at TAMG
- Active coaching for success – call shadowing, pitch sharing, negotiation, objection-handling and closing, one-on-ones and staff meetings
- Conflict Management/Change Management/Performance Management
- Ensure optimal coverage of all accounts at all times.
- Directly involved with Sales in supporting the progression and closure of key deals
- Execute on weekly forecast and pipeline review governance model
- Work closely with other functions of the business such as Order Management, Customer Service and Analytics
- Work closely with marketing, sales programs and other teams to develop strategies for new campaigns, products and value segments.
- Work to onboard new talent and improve the ramp time for full productivity
- Provide support to the team by handling customer call escalations; answering questions that the sales reps are not able to, and addressing customer service issues.
- Listen to and participate in sales calls to improve performance and ensure Quality Assurance levels are met.
- Track and report on Key Performance Indicators.
- Hold team accountable and inspire them to achieve results.
- Liaise with relevant internal stakeholders quickly and effectively to resolve issues when they arise.
- Help to create a team environment that rewards achievement and makes individual want to come to work each day.
- Significantly grow the existing business by ensuring we have the best team, systems and processes in place
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- 5+ years experience in a similar role in a B2B environment with demonstrated consistent success in achieving targets
- Exceptional business judgment acting with high integrity
- Exceptional SFDC knowledge is a plus, above average knowledge of tools and systems that enable higher efficiency in an Inside Sales environment
- Demonstrates skills of a change agent, flexible to change, expresses a level of maturity related to business changes and demonstrates empathy as change relates to individuals on the team
- Self-motivation, self-management and professionalism with advanced organizational, negotiation, problem solving skills and team building skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and inspire a team and demonstrated ability to coach others to improve their performance
- Working knowledge of CRM for pipeline & forecast management
- Ability to analyze data, systems and processes to improve sales effectiveness
- Strong organization/prioritization skills; proven ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Thoroughly familiar with the use of spreadsheets, word processors, and the web.
- Ability to work well both autonomously and within a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree