Ready to play an important role at TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site? You’ll be part of a dynamic and collaborative environment that fuses the speed, innovation and excitement of a start-up with the stability and resources of a global industry leader.
We’re looking for a visual designer to make immediate, meaningful contributions in support of our experiences and rentals efforts and grow/enhance the brand experience for millions in the TripAdvisor community worldwide. You will focus on the the creation and execution of CRM and marketing deliverables across all touch points — web, mobile, email, print, social, and out-of-home.
To succeed in this role, you’ll leverage your passion for making design decisions that drive consumer engagement in our social presence, as well as on a wide range of projects spanning print and digital experiences. Must embrace a fast-paced environment, remain calm under pressure, able to manage multiple projects at once, and execute on the direction and requirements of these projects.
In short: Awesome brand. Global audience. Collaborative environment. Cool teams. Free lunches. Dog-friendly. Design & influence for a living.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Experiences Brand Creative Team (Designers & Copywriters) to maintain a consistent aesthetic across all marketing materials and touchpoints, including emails, digital ads, banners, landing pages, social media posts, templates, campaigns, event graphics, videos and more across global points of sale
- Support the Brand Creative Team with design production and localization efforts.
- Partner with and take direction from senior members of the Brand Creative Team to translate business needs/goals into design solutions and consumer facing design deliverables
- Help to maintain and enforce the brand, templates, style guides, and toolkits across all relevant touchpoints of the brand
What we’re looking for:
- Strong online portfolio featuring examples of digital and print work, especially social
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or other related accreditation to an Arts College or University
- 1-2+ years’ experience in the creative field. Agency and in-house brand/marketing experience a plus.
- Capable working in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
- A passion for travel, design and creative expression.
- Experience with direct response campaigns, including (but not limited to) digital ads, email and social media.
- Knowledge of social platform assets, best practices, and trends, and design of social assets.
- Capable of taking direction/feedback and translating it into final crative deliverables.
- Solid understanding of design principles and best practices (e.g. typography, color theory, layout, information hierarchy).
- Ability to present and articulate design solutions/rationale to the creative team and project stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly communicate ideas through sketching, whiteboarding and storyboarding
- Proactive communicator.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Intermediate proficiency in Sketch and paired plugins (Craft)
- Intermediate proficiency in presentation/pitch software (Keynote, Powerpoint and Google Slides)
- Experience with prototyping software (Invision) a plus
- Illustration chops a huge plus but not a requirement
- Video and motion design abilities a plus