Account Manager, OTA (Japan)
Why this Job is excellent;
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for partner relationships and driving revenue growth for Online Travel Agents (OTA’s) across Japan. You are a proactive, self-motivated, organized, and responsible individual who is able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented and multicultural entrepreneurial environment. The role is based in our Tokyo office.
What you will do;
• Will represent the company in day-to-day partner contact, growing revenue across the full suite of TripAdvisor commercial products including Meta-Search, and Display and improving long term relationships to meet business goals. This role specifically looks after OTA’s.
• Must have an outstanding track record of prospecting potential partners, negotiating contracts and signing up key prospects directly.
• Must excel at selling to, managing and growing Strategic/Key Accounts, preferably in an online media environment.
• Will track metrics to measure business performance and make tactical changes to maximize the revenue opportunity for TripAdvisor.
• Will help decide on budget objectives and develop measurable goals and objectives linked to business overarching goals.
• Offer insight and recommendation for revenue optimization.
• Not intimidated by technical interaction. Our group works closely with site engineers.
• The successful candidate must enjoy problem solving and be unafraid of technical solutions to ensure successful launch of campaigns to meet quarterly sales targets.
What We Seek;
• Candidate has at least 6-8 years of Key Account Management or sales experience in online and/or travel-related media or performance based marketing
• Have strong sales skills to acquire new business and /or grow existing business
• Is able to make articulate and effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
• Displays outstanding business acumen and judgment, as well as emotional and professional maturity.
• Expertise in standard tracking tools (Omniture, Double Click, Google Analytics...) essential.
• Has experience managing optimization processes of Direct Response Marketing and experience in advising partners on product improvement required to increase ROI.
• Skilful at manipulating data in Excel (advanced)
• Has excellent written communication and organizational skills.
• Is able to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Ability to Travel. (15% of the time)
• Superb written and oral communication in both Japanese and English.
What the Candidates offers TripAdvisor
- 6-8 years of Key Account Management experience in online and/or travel related media
- Degree Qualified
- Recent and successful track record in business development and media sales with the ability to think creatively and sell strategically
- Strong digital knowledge and understanding on new company or industry product developments but with the ability to pitch in these in layman terms
- Has extensive experience managing optimisation processes of Direct Response Marketing and experience in advising partners on product improvement required to increase ROI
- The successful candidate must enjoy problem solving and be unafraid of technical solutions.
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humor required; cross cultural know how desirable
- Display’s outstanding business acumen and judgment
- Has excellent written communication and organisational skills.
- Is able to manage multiple priorities’ and tasks