TripAdvisor Restaurants provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and fast-growing team where you can rapidly iterate and deploy right away. We are looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to join our team.
With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million unique monthly visitors, you’ll help travelers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners grow their business. You’ll focus on full stack web development, reporting, analytics, web security, e-commerce, user interface, and user experience development. You’ll provide technical leadership and mentorship through technical design reviews, daily stand-ups, code reviews, and ongoing support, working closely with developers, product managers, and designers to shape our TripAdvisor Premium product. Plus, you’ll enjoy great benefits like catered lunches, team outings, and more.
- Design complex systems and lead the technical implementation of projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications, sizing, and implementation approaches
- Be responsible for the code quality on your team
- Mentor more junior engineers, showing them how to write efficient, scalable, decoupled, testable and maintainable code
- Develop, deploy and maintain full stack implementations of owner and consumer-facing features of the TripAdvisor Restaurant experience
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, operations and maintenance
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- 2+ years of providing technical leadership to a small team
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Proven track record of owning and delivering complex technical projects
- Startup experience is a definite plus