Part of TripAdvisor, TheFork is the leading European restaurant booking platform, providing an online and mobile service to internet users to find, select and book restaurants.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners via TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor. Users can easily select a restaurant according to their own criteria (such as the localization, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult their reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online. For restaurants, TheFork provides a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservation management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues, following Yield Management principles of price variability relative to time, a practice used successfully in the travel and hotel industries.
TheFork, headquartered in Paris with over 700 employees, is operating in 18 countries under the brands LaFourchette (France, Switzerland), TheFork (Italy, Portugal, Brazil, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands and Australia), ElTenedor (Spain), Restorando (South America: Argentina, Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Panama and Uruguay).
What you will do
As a Senior Product Designer at TheFork you will create high-quality, visually appealing interfaces within our international team. The UI Designer is responsible for the visual design, layout, and interaction in all platforms, as well as defining core elements of the TheFork design language and component library, support various work streams on contributing our C.H.I.L.I. Design System around the design system and its multiple applications.
Your Responsibilities will Include
- Designing and integrating user interfaces for all of our platforms, making complex information understandable and formulate design concepts that are engaging, attractive, and user-friendly.
- Being responsible for the look and feel, information flow and visual aesthetics of our user interface
ensuring that the look and feel of the UI remains consistent
- Working together with the Product designers and Developers to develop and maintain guidelines and restrictions for User Interface design
Who you are
You’ll love us and our team will love you if…
- You are able to take wireframes and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces
- You are obsessed with details of UI components, algorithms in design as well as excellence in documentation
- You love design systems and have a broad vision of the interface, rather than silo projects
- You understand your engineering partners when they speak of Bootstrap and/or React components
- You are able to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions
- You have a natural eye for layout, typography, composition, color, and spacing
- You are able to create highly polished user interfaces in different styles for different platforms
- You are up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- You have the ability to create art assets/icons that match existing branding.
What we’ll be looking for…
- A portfolio showing strong interaction design skills
- Your ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, able to sell a vision and ideas to other designers, internal stakeholders, and clients
- A drive and determination to exceed expectations
- Solid understanding of UX and the ability to design intuitive, interactive experiences
- A methodical and well-organized approach to design and their time management
What we offer
- Attractive salary & bonus based on performance
- Restricted Stock Unit
- International Environment
- Meet-up & Conferences
- Cool and cosy offices located in the heart of Paris (9eme)
- RTT, flexible hours, home-office
- Fresh fruits delivered everyday
- Ping-pong, "babyfoot", video games, board games, free massage, yoga, cross training and boxe lessons, afterworks, theater courses, global european seminar…