Why this job is awesome:
TripAdvisor’s mission is to unleash the full potential of every trip. By providing people-powered clarity and foresight for travellers, we help travellers all over the world have the confidence and satisfaction of knowing they are making the best choices of where to stay, what to pay, and what to do on all their trips.
TripAdvisor’s Hotel Supply team is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate Product Operations Specialist. Our mission is to make sure that TripAdvisor’s 400M+ visitors a month get the best hotel offers in milliseconds. You will work with Hotel Suppliers to build, maintain, and improve the connections and platforms that make this possible.
What you’ll do:
- Connectivity: Ensuring TripAdvisor’s 400M+ monthly visitors are getting the best deal.
- Work closely with suppliers, connectivity partners, media distributors, engineering and the account management team to facilitate partners’ API set up and maintenance, as well as ongoing resolution of technical issues related to partners’ API implementations.
- QA partner integrations to ensure a high-quality launch, across all devices, points of sale, and applicable use cases, independently triage and prioritise the severity of bugs.
- Monitor live partners’ API performance and alert partner of any performance issues.
- Manage and ensure the health of our price competitiveness platform
- Own TripAdvisor’s public API documentation and any future enhancements, features and upgrades related to the API
- Product/Project management: Work with teams of talented and passionate engineers, analysts, researchers, and designers to build features and enhancements that help users find and book the perfect accommodation for their trip
- Develop requirements, specifications, and enhancements to improve TripAdvisor’s accommodation shopping experience.
- Use data to advocate for the right product direction to serve shoppers, partners, and TripAdvisor.
- Lead cross-functional teams to establish milestones and manage development and QA efforts.
What we need from you:
- Independent, autonomous individual with the ability to manage their own workload based on priorities determined with manager.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate effectively internally and with external partners.
- Experience working in a global organisation would be a plus.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving approach. Distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information. Ability to analyse data sets and to see issues through to a successful conclusion.
- Knowledge of software interaction programs (API) would be a high advantage.
- Previous experience working with CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce, JIRA) would be desirable.
- A familiarity and knowledge of Hotel distribution and ecommerce would be a plus.
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines, independently.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues. Familiarity with Tableau a bonus.