TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for a talented UX lead to help create engaging experiences on TripAdvisor’s web and mobile platforms for millions of travelers worldwide. The Design Operations team is at the center of our design team. We’re here to enable designers and researchers to do truly exceptional work. We mostly do this by planning and managing our design system to maximize the impact of design; improving collaboration between disciplines; providing tooling, frameworks and facilitating self-organization to solve problems.
You’ll work closely with our Design Managers and User Research Managers to identify and prioritize opportunities to streamline and improve our work, maximize the impact of our teams and create a working environment and culture that is inspiring, energizing and collaborative.
In short: Awesome brand. Global audience. Collaborative environment. Cool teams. Free lunches. Free AM & PM shuttles to/from the city, Dog-friendly. Design & influence for a living.
What you’ll be doing:
- Owning our design system via hands-on designing (you are a “do-er”) and direction (You freely share your point of view and vision)
- Supporting the design team to efficiently scale by creating, maintaining, and enforcing the design system, templates, style guides and toolkits
- Leading cross-team efforts, and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing
- You will increase efficiency, effectiveness, and impact of designers and researchers, through the design and implementation of tools, templates, and working practices
- Partner closely with product and engineering to translate business and users’ goals into elegant but practical designs that can deliver on key business and user metrics
- Ensure designs and user interfaces communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across all platforms, and are in alignment
- Manage internal UX Review, and Cross team design and feedback processes
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Use best practices and standards related to UX / IA across TripAdvisor products and features
- Managing, mentoring, and coaching other designers
- Leading skill building and creative culture initiatives within the creative organization
What we are looking for:
- Someone who loves to bring order to chaos
- 8 to 10 years of experience designing for web and mobile
- 2+ years leading projects and managing stakeholders
- Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior management.
- An online portfolio that showcases your UX, design, innovation, and strong problem-solving skills
- Shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create delightful, consumer-oriented experiences
- Comfortable designing within iOS and Android native platform guidelines, and have portfolio examples to show it
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, PhotoShop, Axure
- Excellent communicator who has the conviction to champion your point of view, but can also successfully collaborate with others