TripAdvisor Experiences is the fastest-growing team at TripAdvisor, as well as the market leader in its space. We are on a mad dash to grow the business as quickly as possible. Our Experiences team consists of world-class experts in SEO, usability, marketing, and of course, technology.
We are looking for experienced Java developers to work on projects for our e-Commerce websites and multiple backend systems. The role includes working in our agile development teams using the latest technologies to deliver solutions in a fast paced and complex environment. Developers in the TripAdvisor Experiences team are cross-functional and get to work on complete vertical slices of functionality from the front end all the way to the database.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? Do you like to occasionally travel for work? If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
Key Skills / Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Passion for software engineering and technology
- Desire to learn about new platforms, technologies and marketing technology approaches
- A love of travel is not required, but hey - why not?
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Java software development role
- Understanding of what is required to build efficient, decoupled, testable and maintainable code.
- Experience in back-end technologies like relational databases (MySQL, PSQL) and NoSQL
- Good knowledge of web application architecture and infrastructure
- Previous experience building and maintaining RESTful web services
- Ability to work in a complex development environment and handle dependencies across multiple teams and branches
- Comfortable targeting a Linux server environment
- Some prior experience investigating performance issues in enterprise applications
Nice to Have
- Familiar with React, Redux and RxJS
- Development experience using frameworks such as Spring MVC, Jersey and Hibernate
- Knowledge of Tomcat and Docker
- Travel industry experience
- Basic SEO knowledge