Manager, Business Operations & Strategy (Japan)
TripAdvisor is seeking a highly analytical and detail-oriented individual keen to make an impact on how consumers travel. The Manager, Business Operations and Strategy role is a unique opportunity to drive the growth strategy of the organization. Reporting to the Japan Country Manager, you will work closely with other functional team to define and launch strategic initiatives that build on TripAdvisor’s strong foundation, grow our Japanese user base and deliver measurable value. The role will be based in Tokyo.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop TripAdvisor’s Japan strategy and execute on key priorities
- Research and analyze key business drivers, competitors, consumer behaviour and industry trends
- Create and manage management dashboards and reports to track KPIs and enable data-driven decision making
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing and Partnership teams to communicate findings and drive initiatives
- Bachelor's degree, technical background preferred
- Minimum 3 years work experience in management consulting, investment banking and/or corporate strategy, with an exceptional track record
- Experience in financial & business modelling, management presentations, project management, and market research; familiarity with SQL a plus
- Fluency in English and Japanese required.
- High energy, self-motivated, optimistic, flexible and outcome-focused
- Able to structure ideas into clear frameworks, and use data to drive strategic objectives and priorities
- Adept at building relationships and communicating clearly across various teams and time zones, with the ability to create buy in and enthusiasm
- Passionate about new products, technologies and emerging consumer Internet business models.