Manager, Business Operations & Strategy (Japan)

Tokyo

TripAdvisor is seeking a highly analytical and detail-oriented individual keen to make an impact on how consumers travel. The Manager, Business Operations and Strategy role  is a unique opportunity to drive the growth strategy of the organization. Reporting to the Japan Country Manager,  you will work closely with other functional team to define and launch strategic initiatives that build on TripAdvisor’s strong foundation, grow our Japanese user base and deliver measurable value. The role will be based in Tokyo.

Responsibilities:  

• Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop TripAdvisor’s Japan strategy and execute on key priorities
  • Research and analyze key business drivers, competitors, consumer behaviour and industry trends
  • Create and manage management dashboards and reports to track KPIs and enable data-driven decision making
  • Work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing and Partnership teams to communicate findings and drive initiatives

Qualifications

• Bachelor's degree, technical background preferred
  • Minimum 3 years work experience in management consulting, investment banking and/or corporate strategy, with an exceptional track record
  • Experience in financial & business modelling, management presentations, project management, and market research; familiarity with SQL a plus
  • Fluency in English and Japanese required.

Ideal candidate

• High energy, self-motivated, optimistic, flexible and outcome-focused
  • Able to structure ideas into clear frameworks, and use data to drive strategic objectives and priorities
  • Adept at building relationships and communicating clearly across various teams and time zones, with the ability to create buy in and enthusiasm
  • Passionate about new products, technologies and emerging consumer Internet business models.  

*LI-JZ1

Apply for this Job

* Required
(Optional)
Almost there! Review your information then click 'Submit Application' to apply.

File   X
File   X

Demographics

Individuals seeking employment at TripAdvisor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law. TripAdvisor is committed to creating an inclusive culture. If you choose to share this information, it will allow us to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and to monitor the diversity of our applicant pool for all roles and levels.

Please consider answering the following voluntary questions. Completion is entirely voluntary. Should you choose to answer any of the questions, your answers will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter, and any information you do provide will be stored confidentially and securely and only used for the above purposes.

My gender at birth was

My gender identity is

My sexual orientation is

I identify as

My military status is