Why this job is awesome:
This role will provide an exciting opportunity for someone to combine a passion for learning & development with excellent communication and relationship building skills. We are looking for a skilled Sales Training Manager to assist with the company’s efforts to ensure a world-class sales team. S/he will have a strong background in delivering training, coaching and mentoring in a sales environment, with a track record of helping teams hit targets. This role will be embedded in the business working very closely with Sales Leaders, Sales Managers, Account Managers and Sales Executives to ensure all members reach the required level of performance.
S/he will be will report to the Director of Sales Training. This role requires a proactive, motivated, organized, responsible individual who is able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented and entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll do:
- Refine, improve existing and/or create and execute innovative training strategies and initiatives to meet the changing goals and objectives of the Sales Organisation.
- Assist in the development, deliver and evaluation of training/ coaching initiatives to support ongoing improvements in: Product Knowledge; Sales Processes and Methodology; Management Development; New Hire On-boarding
- Regularly assesses the sales force and management training needs by observing individual account manager performance/behaviors and collaborating with appropriate cross-functional area(s).
- Define, measure and apply consistent data-driven training metrics to achieve company objectives.
- Stay connected to the competitive landscape, including trends in training development and learning as an engagement and retention tool.
- Proactively considers/identifies new strategies, tactics and vendors to raise the level of the team’s thinking and performance, ultimately finding ways to do more with less.
- Assist in coaching and mentoring Sales Performance Managers to deliver impactful and consistent training experiences globally.
What we need from you:
- 8-10+ years sales/training experience within a large scale and rapidly growing organization (startup experience +)
- Strong interpersonal/human relation skills and the ability to speak the language of sales (Display and Key Account Sales). Experience within the Display sales arena is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on approach and demonstrated ability to multi-task and think creatively.
- Strong innovative, analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of training methodology, adult education, and change management.
- Proven track record of exceptional project management skills and getting things done.
- Experience with defining, gathering and leveraging training benchmarks, metrics and data.
- Experience with instructional media including instructor-led, online/digital, and virtual instructor-led training
- Strong facilitation expertise.
- Proven experience and capability in navigating, networking, and influencing in a global organization with matrixed divisions.
- Proven experience working in global organizations with a recognition of unique cultural and geographic business needs and differences.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities across worldwide based talent in multiple time zones.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, TripAdvisor is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.