Part of TripAdvisor Media Group since May 2014, LaFourchette / TheFork is the leading European restaurant booking platform with more than 60,000 restaurants in 18 markets.
Our vision is to become the #1 restaurant app for diners.
The plan is to:
- Deploy our business models in new geographical markets
- Scale our operations
- Continue the mission to help people discover and book great restaurants and to help restaurants get additional demand and better manage their booking and CRM.
Our business model (subscription and commission based) is recurring and scalable in a massive, traditional and fragmented industry ($1800 billion revenue/year).
The association with TripAdvisor gives us:
- Financial means
- Power of a respected global Brand (for both diners and restaurant owners)
- Know-how and best practice in sharing digital marketing
We are looking for a passionate, data driven, user oriented and humble person, ready to change an industry.
What you will do
TheFork/LaFourchette is searching for an Accounting Director to support the Finance Department.
Candidate will be responsible for overseeing the general accounting operations including account payables, account receivables, treasury and relationship with the shareholder TripAdvisor for all the Subsidiaries located in the 18 countries where TheFork operates. This role is based in Paris and will report to TheFork CFO.
The main responsibilities are the following.
- Manages the accounting operations covering all aspects of P&L, balance sheet and taxation accounting.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly/quarterly/annual closes under TheFork and TripAdvisor timeline
- Ensures monthly/quarterly accounts reconciliation according to TripAdvisor requirements
- Analyses and prepares written summary variance analysis of P&L, balance sheet, taxation and treasury
- Ensures compliance with internal policies, local GAAP and US GAAP
- Prepares financial statements (P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement) on a monthly basis
- Book on a daily/weekly basis Client Settlements in accounting systems
Accounting standards and procedures:
- Defines, communicate and implement internal policies and procedures
- Serves as the local expert for all Sarbanes Oxley topics: coordinates and oversees the Sarbanes Oxley activities relative to internal controls documentation, implementation and testing
- Provides technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all subsidiaries
- Responsible for proper timing and application of revenue recognition rules
- Assists TripAdvisor Corporate Tax and Treasury departments with dealing with tax related issues
Audit and statutory accounts:
- Coordinate filing of statutory accounts in due time with TripAdvisor Corporate Legal Team support
- Manages external audits: prepares account analyses and audit work papers
- Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Manages relationship with external auditors and tax inspectors during tax audits
- Project-manages systems improvements and implementations related to Accounting with support from TA Workday system Team and TheFork engineering Team
- At times, involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions
Management of the Team:
- Manages a team of about 20 people, composed of the Accounting Team (account payables and account receivables accountants) and the Billing Team.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates
Who you are
- 12+ years’ experience of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience
- Prior experience in an audit firm or external accounting firm
- Evolution in an international environment, in a group with subsidiaries abroad
- Prior management experience required with demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams
- English and French fluent
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting
- Prior experience in implementing ERP and systems
- High rigor, accuracy, organization and anticipation are key
- Ability to multi-task & handle several priorities simultaneously
- Curious, flexible and embracing changes in moving environments
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
What we offer
- Cool and cosy offices located in the heart of Paris (9e).
- Fresh fruits delivered everyday.
- Ping-pong, "babyfoot", video games, board games, free massage, afterworks, theatre courses, global seminar....everything that makes your job cooler than your friends'.