Customer Care Team Leader
Why this job is excellent:
The TripAdvisor Experiences Team is looking for an experienced Customer Service Team Leader with fluency in English and one of the following EU languages: French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish.
You'll use your proven management and development talents to oversee the daily running of the Customer Service team within the TripAdvisor Experiences group.
This role requires a proactive, highly motivated, organized and resourceful candidate who is able to work well in a multinational, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. The role is based in our Oxford offices and will report to the Customer Care Manager.
As a Team Leader, you are an integral part of the of the global TripAdvisor Operations management. You will have frequent and significant exposure to the management teams of TripAdvisor. You will be responsible for recruiting, developing and managing the operation in addition to assisting with the outsourced partner’s performance. You will be the link between customer facing teams and the business.
The individual will have strong analytical skills and a positive approach to tasks with a proven track record of managing and coaching teams preferably within call centres. The individual will also have experience with telephony, email, workforce management and social media operational tools.
What you’ll do:
This position is accountable for managing the daily responsibilities of a team of customer service agents; their progress and growth while aligning with larger business goals and company standards. Communicate and escalate issues thoroughly and appropriately through correct channels. This person is required to drive operational performance with inspirational leadership.
Time allocated: 80%
- Leadership: Provide motivation, inspiration, development, and management to the team. Lead by example and ensure team is lead to and acts in accordance with all company policies and procedures. The team lead is responsible for communicating changes effectively and appropriately to support the business.
- Quality Control: Regularly monitor and provide feedback on calls, chats, and emails to the staff and the business. Quality is measured by analyzing customer satisfaction surveys, call monitoring, and reviewing tickets and chats and scoring them on central quality scoring document. Communicate to the team about their individual scores and publish team averages. This is to be done when not managing the floor.
- Customer Service: Ensure that the team delivers the highest possible customer service levels to clients in a timely and efficient manner. Handle escalated complaints and deal with difficult situations. Act as an available resource to the team when issues arise and problem solve and coach to teach and empower agents to deal with difficult situations independently.
- Coaching/Development: Communicate the responsibilities of the role and to goals each person will be measured to. Carry out regular (monthly) 1:1’s and appraisals of team members, certifying that each team member has personal development and improvement plans. Provide first class training and support and facilitate problem solving and collaboration. Use positive reinforcement and praise when deserved, and coach underperformers by providing them with tangible feedback and improvement goals regularly. Communicate to the team about their individual scores and publish team averages. This is to be done when not managing the floor.
- Administration: Manage and communicate vacation time, sick time, and participation in other company events accurately to team members. Make sure we are appropriately staffed during the year, especially on holidays, to cover the business need.
Time allocated: 20%
- Floor Management: Manage the phone, email, and chat channels to successfully adhere to the team KPI’s and service level agreements by measuring the following daily:
- Create daily plan:
- Produce a schedule for the day based on forecast and back-log that the team via WFM
- Lead the daily meeting with managers and update the schedule for agent’s to view in WFM
- Adjust vacation/sick time for the day in WFM
- Daily plan needs to be complete by the meeting each morning
- Manage calls in queue:
- Monitor the dashboard and the call queue and adjust resources appropriately throughout the day
- Outline a target SLA for the day and manage agents’ to the spikes in phone volume in accordance to the plan
- Monitor agent’s use of codes:
- Through Five9, monitor agent’s time, specifically the correct use of unavailable codes, so that they are set accordingly to optimize efficiency.
- Check-in with agents on long phone calls (15+ mins) and long ACW (6+ mins)
- Measure agent’s adherence:
- Make sure that agents are adhering to their planned schedule and approve adjustments as necessary.
- Observe adherence to shifts
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Experience of managing a Customer Support team
- Passion for solving customer issues
- Ability to handle confidential information and adhere to established protocols
- Strong time management/prioritisation skills and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent editorial judgment and command of the English and French/Italian/Spanish languages
- Ability to work independently, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behaviour and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity through fair and ethical behaviour toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyses problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business