We are looking for an energetic and analytical individual with strong attention to detail and proven technical experience to join the growing Member Experience Analytics team, working within the Core Experience Business Unit (CXBU).
The CXBU is the voice of the user and aims to make TripAdvisor a delight to use and a habit for the traveler and travelling obsessed. It consists of Product, Marketing, Member Experience and Engineering pillars that work closely together towards common goals.
TripAdvisor is a very data focused company and we are seeking an experienced analyst who can help us fulfill the growing demand for data driven decision making. This role will be pivotal in informing the roadmap and direction of the Member Experience team through identification of opportunities and insightful analysis.
We are looking for someone who is pro-active and hands-on, but also capable of contributing towards the longer-term strategy and vision for Member Experience Analytics team at TripAdvisor.
What You Will Do:
- You will live in the data. You are primarily responsible for uncovering opportunities to drive growth in user engagement and revenue through analysis of performance metrics.
- You will light the way forward. Together with Brand Marketing Managers, define data goals for specific revenue growth projects that simultaneously define project success while also resulting in a meaningful business outcome.
- You will fully own data quality and make sure nothing gets lost in translation by owning and evangelizing the dashboards we use to communicate our impact at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Your expertise will recommend the best course of action by performing deep analysis of completed A/B tests that assess impact across a range of metrics.
- You will drive change. Whether through development of new data sources or ETL processes, improving efficiencies through automation, or championing new tools, you will strive to ensure the Member Experience Analytics team is proactive and adding value.
- You will maintain a working knowledge of data mining and visualization best practices.
- You will work closely with CRM specialists in launching email/push campaigns and help measuring success of those campaigns by providing analytical support.
What We Seek:
- Deep expertise with SQL and working with databases is necessary. Amazon Redshift and HiveQL / Presto are highly desirable. Spark / PostgreSQL querying a plus.
- Deep experience with Tableau (or similar Business Intelligence tools).
- Hands on experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
- Hands on experience working with CRM systems and data will be a big plus
- You will have excellent problem-solving & analytical skills. The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently. You will thrive on challenges and not be deterred by difficult situations. You will work proactively rather than reactively.
- Passion for driving business decisions using data-driven insights that result in superior growth.
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are not satisfied with status quo. You will drive your own career progression
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident collaborating with other departments.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time.
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to change. Confident with learning new tools and technologies. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- Emotional and professional maturity required along with great people and relationship skills.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst or Commercial Analyst for an online consumer transactional business, with a background in supporting a growth product or marketing organization. Travel industry experience is a plus.