Associate Product Manager
Los Angeles, Product Management
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
The TripAdvisor Experiences team is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate Associate Product Manager to drive best-of-class experiences to make it easy for travelers to discover, compare, and book travel.
As a Associate Product Manager, you will be responsible for working with a cross-functional team on every step of the product life cycle from business requirements to post-launch analysis. The role will require interaction with a wide variety of teams including Supply, Content, Marketing, Business Development, and other internal Product teams to ensure a best-in-class experience for consumers.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for travel, fluency with complex data, the ability execute and drive measurable results and highly effective communication skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead new product development initiatives utilizing user and competitive research, business case development, scoping, and all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Create associated use-cases that articulate your vision in a way that is accessible to all members of the development lifecycle.
- Drive cross-functional teams as product/project manager to define product specifications, establish milestones, and manage quality assurance activities.
- Define and track success metrics for new projects and existing products, ensuring all are moving towards our defined goals.
- Assist in managing the prioritization of new features.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of consumer-facing internet product management experience.
- Creativity and curiosity. A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business and product.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues. Familiarity with Tableau a bonus.
- Project management skills. Someone with responsibility to ensure that projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner. Experience with agile methodologies highly preferred. Experience with project tracking and collaboration software will be a plus (e.g. JIRA).
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results drive environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- A passion for high quality user experience and travel.