Help define and create a delightful user experience at TripAdvisor!
The Traveler Experience team is seeking to hire our first developer in TripAdvisor’s Ottawa office. We are looking for someone who can help establish and grow our Ottawa presence. Your first assignments will be to learn our technology, product, and culture by delivering multiple high value projects. Once up to speed, you’ll help train and grow the team.
We build fundamental experiences for all users of TripAdvisor. Those users are looking for guidance and advice of all types, and across all parts of the travel planning and in-destination experience. Their aims span the aspirational: "show me anywhere in the world, I just want a life-changing experience", to the task-oriented: "help me plan the best possible trip to Belize, I love diving!", to the here-and-now: "I'm going to Chicago for a wedding next week, what's good this time of year?"
We spend our time obsessing over the hundreds of millions of unique monthly users of our products and how they can make the most of their time with us, so that they can experience the best trip possible.
Successful members of our team have a passion to positively impact our users, and actively seek out that opportunity from day one. Working in partnership with Product Management and Design, you will deliver solutions that scale to our community, that showcase our experience, and of which you can personally be proud.
We move quickly, we iterate constantly, and we're not afraid of setting big goals for ourselves. We value inclusion, we celebrate diversity, and we encourage giving. We believe and show with everything we do that we're better together.
- A great team of some of the most talented, most giving developers you'll ever work with
- Some really cool challenges that we'd love you to tackle with us
- Excellent compensation and benefits
- A beautiful downtown office, recognized by Ottawa Business Journal as one of the top offices in Ottawa 2017
- Nearby public transit
- Catered lunch 3 times/week
- A passion to make an impact
- The rigor to know that when you're done, it's good to go
- A good head for what it takes to scale, and how to spot things that won't
- Deep experience delivering consumer product on web, iOS, or Android
- Some experience on a secondary platform
- Strong communication and people skills
- 8+ years experience
Responsibilities of this role:
- Quickly deliver high quality projects
- Help identify and vet top quality candidates
- Help to instill a team culture of fast-paced, quality software development
- Provide technical leadership to the team and mentor junior software developers
Our tech stacks:
- Web: React, GraphQL, Java, Postgres
- iOS: Swift, RxSwift, GraphQL, Apollo, Autolayout, PromiseKit, IGListKit
- Android: MVVM, Android Architecture Components, RxJava, Kotlin, GraphQL Apollo
This role could grow into a management position depending on the candidate’s skill set and career goals.