The Group Product Manager defines the product strategy and roadmap to deliver and scale our next-generation of Affiliate platform. You will lead a team of product managers across different initiatives and execute key projects to optimize one of our main TripAdvisor Experiences revenue channel. You will collaborate with Engineering to produce requirements that evolve the platform’s feature set, and ensures quality deliverables on-time.
To be a successful candidate, you will be passionate about data, able to craft a vision, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We aim to release products often with constant iteration and reliance on quantitative and qualitative metrics to help define further optimizations and enhancements.
You are skilled at translating business needs into product plans that incorporate appropriate internal and external research. You have experience working in Agile framework and with engineering teams to break down the product plans and deliver best-in-class products. Your communication skills allow you to excel at collaborating in a Global team environment, working in several time zones.
In the Experiences business unit, you will have the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing area at TripAdvisor, where you will have a lot of ownership and will be contributing directly to TripAdvisor growth and success.
What You Will Do
- Influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company. You’ll create product strategy and roadmaps that identify areas where improvement is needed; and capitalize on unmet opportunities.
- Define and carry out the Product vision of our Partnerships strategy and champion it through the entire organization while also managing tactical initiatives. Be a “player / coach” in the same role at the same time.
- Perform extensive research to completely understand how our product offering stacks up against our direct competitors.
- Live in the data, and believe the best way to democratize product decisions is querying the database for insights and building ad-hoc reports.
- Lead cross-functional teams, serving as product and part project manager, to establish milestones and manage development and QA efforts.
- Fully own quality through hands-on quality assurance testing and make sure nothing gets lost in translation. You’re inquisitive about how the platform works and want to fix mediocre implementations when you see them.
- Build & maintain up to date industry knowledge of online travel media, online booking trends and revenue strategies
- Automate as much as possible, and develop scalable processes in a high-volume environment.
What We Seek
- 7+ years of comparable Internet product management experience
- 2+ years successfully managing and mentoring a team of product managers as direct reports
- Experience working with external-facing APIs, Marketplace platforms and Third-party partners
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines
- Strong customer-centric communication skills. Ability to communicate to both business and technical personnel. Displays ‘grace under pressure’ ethic at all times, with both customers and peers
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate innovative and effective actions plans to resolve issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus