Why This Role Is Awesome:
The Growth team at TripAdvisor is a cross functional group focused on driving free traffic and revenue within the Hotels business unit. On a quarterly basis, this group runs hundreds of tests aimed at maximizing traffic and the value we get from those visitors, by creatively optimizing the site for SEO and improving the user experience. Our traffic levels (455MM+ users per month) mean we can detect tiny changes in user behavior with confidence - and very small wins translate to millions of dollars in revenue for the business.
We are seeking a passionate leader to drive the strategy, planning, and execution of campaigns across 55 global TripAdvisor websites. You’ll assess each market’s needs related to traffic and revenue growth, and communicate them to various internal and external stakeholders. You’ll work with a variety of teams and leadership across the company, and help to directly influence user facing elements across the website.
You’ll guide teams of talented and passionate engineers, data scientists, and analysts to more productively test bleeding edge tactics. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial leaders to help innovate and execute growth initiatives across the company, who want to be part of a top-tier team.
What You’ll Do:
- As an Director, Growth Marketing, you’ll lead a team of industry-leading SEO analysts
- Analyze internal and external data through a variety of toolsets, including Excel, SQL and Tableau, to influence decision-making within the SEO team
- Identify growth opportunities in core areas such as site infrastructure, keyword selection, or on-page factors optimization.
- Review specification documents and experiments to test new strategies and opportunities for growth.
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, Data Science and Business stakeholders
- Analyze experiment results and push forward next steps at a rigorous pace.
- Monitor daily performance metrics to understand organic search performance across multiple global markets.
What We Seek:
- You are a passionate digital marketer with experience on a global website
- Previous experience in SEO, SEM, Display, or Traffic Acquisition marketing
- BA or BS degree (preferred in quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering). MBA preferred.
- Expertise working with analytical tools (Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics)
- Prefered Experience with technical SEO (redirects, site speed, canonicalization, etc.)
- Experience working across both mobile and web platforms, building SEO capabilities from scratch, and running A/B experiments
- 10+ years of in-house growth marketing experience with an industry leading website
- 5+ years of experience managing growth teams of 3+ team-members