Position Overview

TripAdvisor Experiences is looking to bring on freelance editors with native or fluent editing skills in Japanese for a short-term project that will last up to three months, with the potential for ongoing work. We’re specifically looking for individuals who are also proficient in English, with experience editing travel content.

Key Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to)

• Edit overviews highlighting things to do and see in specific destinations on the TripAdvisor site. For example, a brief (75-word) description of things to do in Tokyo.
  • Edit descriptions of points of interest on the TripAdvisor site. For example, a brief (50-word) description of how to experience Tokyo Tower.
  • Provide a clean copy edit in line with our style guide.
  • Make substantial/developmental edits as required to ensure writing adheres to brief and matches the company’s voice.
  • Provide feedback to writers as needed.

Qualifications & Experience

• Native or fluent editing skills in Japanese
  • Ability to read and clearly interpret English-language instructions
  • Experience editing travel-related content
  • Experience giving feedback and working with freelance writers

Please submit your English-language resume for this posting, along with a summary of relevant work experience.

Apply for this Job

* Required
(Optional)
Almost there! Review your information then click 'Submit Application' to apply.

File   X
File   X

Demographics

Individuals seeking employment at TripAdvisor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law. TripAdvisor is committed to creating an inclusive culture. If you choose to share this information, it will allow us to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and to monitor the diversity of our applicant pool for all roles and levels.

Please consider answering the following voluntary questions. Completion is entirely voluntary. Should you choose to answer any of the questions, your answers will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter, and any information you do provide will be stored confidentially and securely and only used for the above purposes.

My gender at birth was

My gender identity is

My sexual orientation is

I identify as

My military status is