TripAdvisor Experiences is looking to bring on freelance editors with native or fluent editing skills in Japanese for a short-term project that will last up to three months, with the potential for ongoing work. We’re specifically looking for individuals who are also proficient in English, with experience editing travel content.
Key Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Edit overviews highlighting things to do and see in specific destinations on the TripAdvisor site. For example, a brief (75-word) description of things to do in Tokyo.
- Edit descriptions of points of interest on the TripAdvisor site. For example, a brief (50-word) description of how to experience Tokyo Tower.
- Provide a clean copy edit in line with our style guide.
- Make substantial/developmental edits as required to ensure writing adheres to brief and matches the company’s voice.
- Provide feedback to writers as needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- Native or fluent editing skills in Japanese
- Ability to read and clearly interpret English-language instructions
- Experience editing travel-related content
- Experience giving feedback and working with freelance writers
Please submit your English-language resume for this posting, along with a summary of relevant work experience.