TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site, and here on the Experiences team, we are putting together the biggest and best selection of things to do to help millions of travelers plan and book their next vacation. We are looking for a dynamic sales leader to join our global supply team, where you will lead a team of sales executives tasked with growing our selection of things to do by adding more suppliers and products to our portfolio.
TripAdvisor Experiences offers a simple platform that allows tour, activity, and attraction suppliers the opportunity to distribute their products to nearly half a billion online consumers on TripAdvisor, Viator, and our extensive network of partner sites. As a Regional Sales Manager, you will lead a team of sales executives responsible for selling our distribution platform to high value suppliers in your region through outbound calls to designated prospects. The ideal candidate will have strong sales DNA, and will be a results-driven, execution-focused, and customer-oriented team leader.
Primary responsibilities include managing a team of 5-10 sales executives, holding your team accountable for meeting monthly and/or quarterly sales targets, setting and executing regional sales strategies, partnering with sales development and marketing teams to ensure an optimized, qualified lead pipeline, and collaborating with sales operations, supplier support, and account management teams to optimize the sales funnel and ensure a smooth sales cycle.
- This role requires a strong background in team leadership, polished internal and external communication skills, effective team-building skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to drive consistent results from a sales team in a fast-moving environment. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience in direct sales, telesales, and/or business development, and a proven track record of driving a sales team to exceed established sales targets. You must be proactive, motivated, organized, responsible, and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Manage a team of 5-10 sales executives to exceed all established sales targets
- Manage designated regional pipeline and execute regional sales and marketing strategy to rapidly expand our supply footprint in territory
- Partner with sales development, marketing, sales operations, supplier support, and account management teams to optimize the sales funnel and ensure a smooth sales cycle
- Modify customer engagement to overcome objections and identify solutions to roadblocks
- Negotiate and close key suppliers that support the long-term growth of the business
- Maintain and share knowledge of global market conditions, competition, and opportunities
- Exhibit determination and resilience in the face of obstacles or challenges
- Take ownership and accountability over critical outcomes that the business needs
- Hire and develop team members, encouraging people to reach their potential whilst providing regular feedback and guidance
- Travel to attend trade events, participate in regional speaking engagements, and/or attend internal team meetings, as needed
Key Skills & Experience
- 7-10+ years of experience in sales, with 3+ years successfully managing a sales team
- Experience in high-tech, e-commerce, fast growth business strongly preferred
- Travel industry experience preferred, particularly with tours, activities, or attractions
- Proven record of driving a team to contract new business and regularly exceed sales target
- Territory and pipeline management experience using Salesforce or another CRM tool
- Superb written and oral communication skills in English and the relevant language/s of the region
- Target-driven and motivated self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to think across commercial, product, and technical elements of partnerships
- Confident and energetic; flexible and adaptable; detail-oriented, organized, and able to succeed in a fast-paced,dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s Degree