This role will combine a passion for learning and development with excellent communications and collaboration skills. You will have a strong background in managing, planning and delivering training and coaching in a fast paced customer service environment, with a track-record of helping teams hit targets and achieve metrics.
This role requires close collaboration across TripAdvisor customer support organization and supporting the operations team to meet key business objectives The Customer Service Training Manager will closely work with the internal and outsourcer’s training team to build best in class training approach to build content, identify training needs in addition to planning and delivery. This role will also implement instructional design methodology for training curriculum along with regular quizzes/assessments to ensure knowledge
What You'll Do:
We are looking for a motivated specialist to assist with the company’s efforts to ensure we have a world class customer service team. S/he will be responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and continuously improving learning & development and performance improvement programs designed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the global customer service teams. This role requires a proactive, motivated, organized, responsible candidate who is able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented and entrepreneurial environment. This role is based in our Oxford or London office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage training activities end to end for customer service team, including the outsourcers.
- Work with the TripAdvisor outsourced partners on planning, delivery and performance improvement based on training need identification.
- Build and maintain training content and curriculum through instructional design methodology including regular assessments.
- Working with outsourcers to develop a coherent soft skills and process training to deliver a seamless customer experience.
- Manage global relationship with the vendors to provide relevant onsite support and training to their agents as well as trainer certification process.
- Collaborate with the quality teams to develop a quality led training plan
- Act as a lead trainer and subject matter expert across TripAdvisor and TripAdvisor Vacation rentals.
- Ownership of training responsibilities across the customer service touchpoints i.e. phone, email, chat and social media to support customer service and telesales.
- Implement appropriate training and coaching methodologies across agent life cycle, beginning from new hire.
- Implement regular audits and assessments to ensure knowledge and skills are maintained to the TripAdvisor standards.
What We Seek:
- 7+ years of experience in Customer Service/Training with at least 3 years of leadership roles in Training
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to motivate others and foster teamwork
- Understand different cultural sensitivities and their effect on training delivery
- Self-motivated and thorough
- A second European language is preferable but not essential
- Experienced at building effective client relationships through positive communication, honesty and trust
- Not intimidated by technical interaction. The successful candidate must enjoy problem solving and be unafraid of technical solutions to ensure successful launch of training
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Target driven and proven self-starter with ability to deliver on targets without constant supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on approach and demonstrated ability to multi-task and think creatively
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Strong organizational and analytic skills