TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site, and here on the Experiences team, we are putting together the biggest and best selection of things to do to help millions of travelers plan and book their next vacation. We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our global supply team.
TripAdvisor Experiences offers a simple platform that allows tour, activity, and attraction suppliers the opportunity to distribute their products to nearly half a billion online consumers on TripAdvisor, Viator, and our extensive network of partner sites. As a Regional Account Manager, you will lead a team of account managers tasked with retaining, optimizing and growing key supplier accounts. The ideal candidate will be a results-driven, execution-focused, and customer-oriented team leader.
Primary responsibilities include managing a team of account managers, holding your team accountable for meeting monthly and/or quarterly targets, partnering with supply operations to set and execute regional supply optimization strategies, negotiating commercial terms with key accounts, and collaborating with internal teams to ensure smooth workflows and account handoffs.
This role requires a strong background in team leadership, polished internal and external communication skills, effective team-building skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to drive consistent results from a team in a fast-moving environment. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience negotiating commercial terms and optimizing accounts, and a proven track record of driving an account management team to grow accounts and exceed targets. You must be proactive, motivated, organized, responsible, and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Manage a regional account management team to exceed all established targets
- Build strong relationships with tour, activity, and attraction suppliers; leverage supplier relationships and data to optimize account growth
- Negotiate commercial terms with key accounts, including net rates, margins, and exclusivity
- Partner with operations team to develop and execute regional supply optimization strategies
- Collaborate with sales operations, supplier support, and sales teams to optimize the ensure a smooth sales cycle and account handover process
- Maintain and share knowledge of global market conditions, competition, and opportunities with internal stakeholders and management to influence product and marketing strategies
- Proactively suggest improvements to current systems and processes to contribute independently to continuous process improvement
- Take ownership and accountability over critical outcomes that the business needs
- Hire and develop team members, encouraging people to reach their potential whilst providing regular feedback and guidance
- Travel to attend trade events, participate in regional speaking engagements, and/or attend internal team meetings, as needed
Key Skills & Experience
- 7-10+ years account management experience, with 3+ years team leadership/people management
- Experience in high-tech, e-commerce, fast growth business strongly preferred
- Travel industry experience preferred, particularly with tours, activities, or attractions
- Proven record of driving a team to optimize accounts and exceed targets
- Account management process and workflow experience using Salesforce or another CRM tool
- Superb written and oral communication skills in English and the relevant language/s of the region
- Effective relationship-building and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills including highly proficient use of data tools and MS Excel
- Target-driven and motivated self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to think across commercial, product, and technical elements of partnerships
- Confident and energetic; flexible and adaptable; detail-oriented, organized, and able to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferable