TripAdvisor is the largest travel site in the world, visited by over 455 million travellers each month.
The Oxford office of the Experiences and Rentals group is looking for API Analyst / Engineer to join our fast-growing team. Our work supports hundreds of thousands of travellers each day booking attractions and holiday homes across the globe.
You will help integrate partners and suppliers with TripAdvisor APIs and troubleshoot issues and bugs as well as assist with technical support for other TripAdvisor applications and platforms.
The ideal candidate is a great communicator who has worked in either a technical support or technical account management role, ideally for a web service or application.
Most communication will be written but there will also be occasional calls with partners.
If you've worked in the travel industry (or just love travel!) then that's a huge plus but not essential.
- Assist partners and suppliers integrate with our APIs by understanding their needs and suggesting solutions and answering technical questions
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences about the API capabilities.
- Monitor and rectify issues that arise in our API platforms and other systems.
- Address and resolve concerns, issues and questions for both internal clients and external partners in a professional & timely manner
- Manage client expectations in a sincere and realistic manor and report and escalate where needed
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years technical support or account management experience working with web services or similar B2B technical environment exposure.
- Impeccable Written and Verbal Skills
- Understanding of XML, Web Services and APIs
- Ability to collaborate with a global team, across multiple time zones.
- Be prepared to occasionally work out of usual business hours when required to teleconference with overseas teams.
What you’ll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus.
- Excellent contributory pension.
- Full family private medical cover.
- Full dental cover.
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
- Personal travel reimbursement.
- Critical illness plus full life cover.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free shuttle buses from Oxford and surrounding villages.
- Employee assistance program.