SmarterTravel, part of the TripAdvisor network, is seeking a UX/UI visual designer to work on our portfolio of online travel websites. As part of our team, your user experience and visual interface design work will play a vital role in acquiring new customers and enabling millions of travelers around the world to research, plan, and book their perfect trip.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented individual with experience designing large transactional or ecommerce-based websites for both desktop and mobile. Working closely with product managers, copywriter and developers, you will be responsible for creating intuitive interfaces that meet business goals and fulfill customer needs. Reporting to the Senior Art Director, you will work with a collaborative and supportive design team that works to push each other and our brands forward.
- Create user-centric designs by considering analytics, customer feedback and usability findings
- Create sketches, wireframes, mockups/prototypes
- Collaborate with product management, brand, fellow designers, copywriters, and engineers – advocating for the best design for our customers and business objectives
- Help prioritize features and improvements with Product Manager
- Develop and steward brand style standards and best in class visual design
- Stay abreast of latest design and technology trends for all platforms
- 4+ years of experience designing consumer-facing products for web and mobile
- Background in UX/UI design, with a focus on mobile (web and app), tablet and desktop
- Experience designing for ecommerce and/or transactional site experiences
- Experience with A/B site testing.
- Thorough understanding of overall website and mobile design standards, including usability, functionality, and familiarity with html/css.
- Excellent communication skills (both in conversation and in writing)
- Proficient in latest design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills and a great attitude
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- High attention to detail
- Degree in Design-related field
- Proactive and curious
- MUST have online portfolio with multiple examples of mobile and desktop design
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment
At SmarterTravel, we have built an open & collaborative environment and we hire the people we want to work with (not just the ones with the right qualifications), but who also think different to us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We choose speed over perfection, but not at the expense of quality. We do what we do well, but we’re always looking to make it better. Let us know if you’d like to help.
SmarterTravel is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or musical preferences. We think a diverse team builds a better product.
*** This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***