TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The People Operations (HR) Generalist plays an important role in supporting a great employee experience at TripActions. Some of the things you will help own will be HR Operations, onboarding and offboarding, benefits, compliance, the immigration and visa process, and managing our HRIS. You’ll be supporting all of our employees and ensuring that our values and culture resonate throughout the organization. You will work on creating, implementing, maintaining, and improving various programs that support our teams as we continue to scale our company, globally.
- Liaise with employees and external resources on benefits, leave administration, immigration, compliance, etc.
- Oversee I9's and completion of background checks prior to first day
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to benefits, immigration and compliance and to ensure we stay up to date and compliant
- Act as the first point of contact for all People related questions
- Oversee, implement and iterate on new hire onboarding and ensure an excellent first week (and continued) employee experience
- Manage and improve key HR tools and processes (Namely, JIRA ticketing) to keep our organization running smoothly, consistently updating on position changes, salary updates, etc
- Create employee letters as requested and provide help in filling out any benefit or application forms (maternity/paternity forms, mortgage applications etc)
- Manage offboarding process
- Create metrics and reports around employee satisfaction, diversity, attrition, etc as needed for Director of HR and executive team
- Own the documentation and publication of all HR policies, in partnership with the HR process owners/subject matter experts
- Foster relationships and partner with cross-functional stakeholders and the broader People Ops team (including recruiting and HR team) to think creatively about building a better employee experience
- Update and iterate on Company Handbook
- Work closely with the Head of People on talent development programs such as performance management, employee engagement, etc
- Play a critical role on a variety of culture initiatives
- Own People Ops special projects and assignments as needed
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a similar role; experience working in a technology startup highly preferred
- You have a successful track record of supporting HR processes, employee resourcing; performance management and change management
- You have great knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
- You have a working knowledge of HR systems, Google Apps and Microsoft Excel
- You thrive in high-growth, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You have an extremely high level attention to detail and organizational skills
- You’re able to combine great people intuition, business judgement and discretion in your decision-making
- Self-starter with a penchant for experimentation. You’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- A positive attitude: you’re a team player and you’re resilient in the face of challenges. Most importantly, you’re fun and a pleasure to be around!
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or graduate degree preferred
- An undeniable passion for travel
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley. Can work twice a week in our WeWork space in San Francisco