TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based in our Global Headquarters located in Palo Alto, you will be working with the data team to help build infrastructure, tooling, and data pipelines to power our data-driven organization and support our rapidly evolving and growing data needs. The ideal candidate will be extremely curious and will their data skills and business mindset to make a difference every day. We are looking for people who can operate at a company that grows as fast as ours, by being able to deal with multiple moving pieces while still holding up quality, long term thinking and delivering value to our customers.
- Design, build, and maintain data integration pipelines for ingress and egress through the data team infrastructure
- Help design and implement data structures in data pipes and data warehouse to allow accurate, efficient reporting, analysis, and machine learning
- Develop and implement tooling in the form of Python libraries and deployed systems to allow analysts and scientists to work efficiently and consistently
- Provide technical best practice in the team via training and documentation to ensure all disciplines are working in the correct manner
- Manage and develop our data persistence environments (data lakes, storage, etc) to ensure that data is properly available to users and secure
- Implement and maintain monitoring, alerting, logging, and data quality controls to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our data ecosystem
- Ph.D. or Masters in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years of work experience in data engineering
- Highly experienced and proficient with data infrastructure tooling using Python
- Highly experienced and proficient with data modeling methodologies and implementation
- Demonstrable experience of SQL
- Proficient across the entire stack of technologies used for data management including:
- Data pipelines (Kafka, Kinesis)
- Structured big data stores (Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica)
- Semi-structured big data stores (Hadoop, Presto)
- ETL systems
- Experienced with large scale, distributed systems and pipelines for data management
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley