TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Java Backend Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing web technologies to the limits. This engineer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our web applications. The backend engineer will work closely with other app development and technical teams and will design and implement backend features and JSON REST APIs using Java, Spring and Hibernate.
This position is based out of headquarters in Palo Alto, CA.
- Designing and implementing APIs and core services in Java using Spring and Hibernate
- Developing models and business logic
- Building out newly enabled product features
- Own features or functional areas. Ensure the quality of the features you built, follow-up on usage/issues post release.
- Quickly implement and iterate on new and innovative ideas
- Collaborate with product team, designers and other engineers
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Excellent in Java (4,.+ years professional experience)
- Experience designing and building REST APIs for single page web or mobile consumer facing applications
- Experience with Spring Framework (2+ years).
- Experience with Hibernate or similar ORM technologies (2+ years)
- Experience with domain object modelling
- Experience building Java services for systems at scale
- Experience working with Java concurrency
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Worked collaboratively on a software development team
- Experience building backend for consumer facing products, e-commerce or financial systems.
- Experience working for startups strongly desired
- Experience with Couchbase, Apache CXF
- Experience building travel booking applications
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Work from Palo Alto