TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Data Analyst, you will be part of a very fast growing Data team and one of the first data analyst in our data team in Palo Alto. You will be working with a variety of stakeholders across the whole organisation. The ideal candidate will be extremely curious, have a strong background in statistics and be obsessed with results.
- Support and advise the business with ad-hoc analytics as well as applying statistical techniques to create insights and discover new business opportunities
- Enable and support the business regarding the development and use of data analysis and reporting by: building reporting-grade data sources in our BI environment and translating those data sources into meaningful dashboards and reports for easy business use
- Provide business expertise and guidance (consultative partnership) on how to apply leverage data analytics and reporting within business operations
- Create and deliver documentation and training on reporting and BI tools for business users to enable self-service on company data
- PhD or Masters in mathematics, statistics, computer science, information science, or related technical field
- 3+ years of work experience in Data Analysis
- Experienced in SQL
- Experienced in BI tooling like Tableau, Looker, etc
- Demonstrated ability to translate business information needs into technical requirements and functional code/reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard statistical techniques like significance testing, regression modeling, etc
- Familiar with commonly used data technical tools like:
- R, Python
- Excellent communication, relationship skills and a strong team player.
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley