TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TripActions is looking to expand our Payroll team! This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to join and grow within our high-performing team as the first Payroll member in Dallas. We’re looking for someone who can troubleshoot and handle special requests efficiently. You will partner closely with our existing HR team to accommodate the needs of our rapidly growing workforce.
The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment and be able to communicate effectively, multitask and prioritize work, and demonstrate accountability. You’d play a key role in assisting the day-to-day operations of the Payroll department.
- Responsible for collecting and auditing data from the Time and Attendance system. Ensuring hours are recorded and calculated accurately
- Audit Time and Attendance system to ensure employees are properly set up and transferring them to the correct state account, if necessary
- Providing operational support to US bi-weekly payroll for non-exempt and exempt employees in multiple states
- Communicate with Human Resources to onboard new hires on a weekly basis
- Updating promotions, transfers, and validating employee information
- Collecting tax forms from employees and making withholding changes
- Familiar with Federal, State, and local payroll legislations
- Maintain payroll policies and procedures and ensuring full compliance with employment laws. Ability to research new and unknown questions efficiently and effectively
- Effectively assisting employees with payroll related concerns or guidance in a professional manner
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with attention to details
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years proven experience as a payroll coordinator or administrative role
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Google products
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excel experience preferred
- Experience in Namely, Humanity a plus
- Ability to perform payroll calculations
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K matching
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers