TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, more than 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to more than 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support more than 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
With a growing customer base of more than 1,500+ customers, TripActions is looking for a Customer Marketing Manager to help build our customer advocacy and retention programs from the ground up. You’ll be responsible for working closely with sales and customer success teams to delight and engage customers with the goal of driving awareness, loyalty and love for TripActions. You will also be a key stakeholder in our influencer marketing, product marketing and social media strategies with other colleagues and leaders on the team. As an inherent relationship builder, you’ll serve as the internal and external advocate for our customer voice –– ensuring their presence at events, in press and other public & community events. You will also share customer feedback internally across multiple teams, including but not limited to the executive, product marketing, hotels & events, traveler and supplier relations teams.
The ideal candidate is a true relationship-builder who is passionate about serving, understanding and delighting customers. You maintain a can-do attitude, and work effectively across teams.
- Lead and manage customer engagement and communication programs, such as in-person/virtual events, workshops, annual conferences, awards programs, onboarding and ongoing nurture campaigns
- Build rapport with customers to identify advocacy, renewals, referrals, and cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to connect with customers to ensure continued education and success throughout the relationship lifecycle
- Identifying key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Help marketing and sales meet business objectives through customer advocacy initiatives
- Compose and send customer emails
- Manage and maintain engagement and advocacy programs; continually recruit new customer advocates
- Own our customer advisory board
Partnership with Customer Success and Product Marketing
- Partner with CS to develop and assist with EBRs
- Manage a library of up-to-date customer success stories
- Partner with CS and Product Marketing teams to execute annual/biannual/quarterly customer satisfaction surveys to drive change throughout the organization
- Provide product feedback given by advocates to the Product Management team
- Create special marketing content to help at-risk customers with training
- 3-5 years in customer marketing, advocacy marketing and/or customer success
- Strong passion for serving and understanding customers
- Strong interpersonal skills to nurture customer relationships and work with cross-functional teams
- Incredibly creative marketing and communication skills
- Analytical skills to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of customer engagement efforts
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind to help create a stronger brand and improve the customer experience
- Technical knowledge of the latest digital marketing tools and channels, including Customer Relationship Management platforms and marketing automation platforms
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy
- Ability to write effective communications and copy is a necessity
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes
- Collaborative mindset. You thrive in cross-functional environments and have worked with leadership, product, sales and marketing to craft innovative campaigns
- Self-starter with a penchant for experimentation. You’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Bachelor’s degree
- An undeniable passion for travel
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2,000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1,000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Palo Alto/San Francisco