TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TripActions is looking for a PR manager to help build our Communications and Public Relations program from the ground up. You’ll be responsible for evangelizing the TripActions story to the media and third parties with the broader goal of driving awareness for TripActions. You will also be a key stakeholder in our influencer marketing and social media strategies. As a compelling storyteller, you’ll create strategic public relations plans and implement innovative, integrated campaigns that will drive awareness of TripActions and super-charge our rapidly-growing business. You’ll also own all media relations across key sectors (travel, business/finance, tech, lifestyle), developing strong relationships with key US and international reporters. In this role, you’ll work across the company with various teams – including extensive time with –to lead cutting-edge PR campaigns from ideation through to execution, landing both a breadth and depth of coverage that will build brand equity and strong business results.
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated, people-oriented, and collaborative self-starterwith a demonstrated penchant for creative and innovative thinking. You have a strong rolodex across a variety of reporters and publications (across travel, business/finance, tech and lifestyle publications). You enjoy the art of relationship building. You maintain rapport with reporters, are resilient and have experience pitching at a fast-growing company. You have a strong bias to action with an ability to strategically and tactically prioritize. You’re comfortable working with co-founders/company leadership, maintaining discretion and a can-do attitude, and work effectively across teams.
- Help build the quickly-expanding PR and Communications program in the U.S. and globally
- Initiate, build and nurture strong relationships with key members of the press
- Train the TripActions executive team and growing speaker library on public relations best practices
- Evangelize TripActions’ brand and story with the media, influencers and third parties, specifically with travel, finance/business, lifestyle and tech outlets
- Ideate and implement strategic communications plans to maximize positive coverage for TripActions
- Tell the TripActions story in creative, inspiring ways using innovative campaigns that are unique, purpose-driven and will cut through the noise
- Help build, maintain and promote corporate messaging, thought leadership pillars, executive communications, brand communications and internal communications
- Evaluate and track key success metrics for PR and communications programs
- 5-7 years public relations experience at a start-up, tier 1 PR agency and/or top travel brand
- Scrappy, resilient and collaborative self-starter: you’ve built PR and communication plans from scratch and you thrive in a fast-moving culture.
- Demonstrated success pitching uphill. You think outside of the box and have a portfolio of impressive press hits you’ve personally placed.
- Intuitive grasp of PR: you understand what’s newsworthy and your campaigns reflect your insights. You’ve relentless tested new & creative campaigns to ensure that your message cuts through.
- Well-connected: the media loves you! You have a strong network of media relationships in at least 2 of our key sectors (travel, business/finance, tech, lifestyle) and will not need to rely upon agencies to make connections
- Collaborative mindset. You thrive in cross-functional environments and have worked with leadership, product, sales and marketing to craft innovative campaigns
- Self-starter with a penchant for experimentation. You’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- A positive attitude: You’re a team player and you’re resilient in the face of challenges. Most importantly, you’re fun and a pleasure to be around!
- You practice discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Bachelor’s degree
- An undeniable passion for travel
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Palo Alto/San Francisco