TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TripActions is seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized Marketing Events Manager to produce and manage TripActions’ corporate events from conception through completion. This position will be a key player in fostering the continued growth of the TripActions’ brand and our presence across the travel industry. You will work closely with Field Marketers to understand sales priorities, and across Marketing and Comms teams to create high-value events that deliver the best of breed thought-leadership and branded experience for our prospects, customers, and partners. This role reports to Head of Events at TripActions.
- Utilize research skills to identify event opportunities, understand the market, and proactively bring new ideas and improved processes to the team for consideration
- Develop plans and timetables to ensure that events are implemented on a timely basis and executed within established budgets
- Help select and evaluate vendors and external partners, and assist with vendor negotiations and event contract procedures
- Manage event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support, agenda, venue selection, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, special guests, equipment and promotional materials
- Look at the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Utilize exceptional communication skills to liaise with stakeholders and clients, identify their needs, and ensure outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate effectively with marketing, sales and PR departments to promote and publicize events
- 3-5 years managing high profile corporate events and meetings, B2B marketing experience a plus
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently
- Natural aptitude for budgeting and ways to creatively save money and re-invest in additional programming
- Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent communications skills written, verbal and presentation
- Self-motivated and resourceful, ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Negotiating skills, a plus
- Travel is required (30% of the time)
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best